prestashop 1.7.2.4 not saving products changes

michalisak

I have a problem. I had version 1.7.2.2 and i created 2-3 test products and updated them. After that  i had to import csv products with their IDs and i couldn't change anything. So i updated prestashop to version 1.7.2.4 and still have problem. In console from firefox i could see

http://domain.com/admin-folder/themes/new-theme/public/maps/index.php    [HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable 132ms]

http://domain.com/admin-folder/themes/new-theme/public/maps/application.css.map    [HTTP/1.1 302 Found 2556ms]

and warning The use of Mutation Events is outdated. Use MutationObserver.   http://domain.com/admin-folder/themes/new-theme/public/main.bundle.js:53045:6

I looked via ftp and in http://domain.com/admin-folder/themes/new-theme/public/ there is no maps folder.

I cannot do any change of my products and i get that my changes saved. No error on console,

Could you please help me? Sorry for my english

Edited by michalisak (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 17/01/2018 at 5:31 AM, prestavanilla said:

I had the same issue. Take a look at the categories for the product that you have imported. A main category should be selected, if not you cannot edit the product.

Hope this helps.

prestavanilla

How can I change the main category ? I made a cart2cart from shopify to prestashop ... All my products have the ''Home'' category default. I created 3 categories, I try to change in the products, but I can't save.... How can I change the main category ?

Thanks for your answer...

4 hours ago, Miharaa said:

prestavanilla

How can I change the main category ? I made a cart2cart from shopify to prestashop ... All my products have the ''Home'' category default. I created 3 categories, I try to change in the products, but I can't save.... How can I change the main category ?

Thanks for your answer...

When you edit the products go to category, click expand and select the main category from there.

main-category-presta.png

6 hours ago, prestavanilla said:

When you edit the products go to category, click expand and select the main category from there.

main-category-presta.png

Ok that's what I tried, but when I save, everything reset.... Impossible to save any modification in the product....

I think maybe it's also a problem with the meta description ... With the migration, the meta description is 255 caracter on 160 ... I tried to delete it and save... Nothing... I follow instructions to increase the caracter size of the meta description, i change a lot of table in phpmyadmin but it's still block to 160 caracters....

I search about ours for solution, I tried everything, but I still can't save any modifications in the products....

Please help :( I'm blocked I can't work :(

On 20/02/2018 at 6:28 PM, Grindelf said:

Go back to 1.6

1.7 will fine only on next 5 years, more or less

If I want to go back to 1.6, I have to install again prestashop 1.6 and configure it all ?

I already bought a 1.7 theme for my customer... I'll need to ask for a refund ?

My customer had a Shopify website and I migrated with cart2cart and import in Prestashop... Will I need to do this all again ? Or I can export csv from PS 1.7 and import in PS 1.6 ?

I'm blocked, I can't deliver the website for my customer and I don't know what to do...

59 minutes ago, Miharaa said:

If I want to go back to 1.6, I have to install again prestashop 1.6 and configure it all ?

I already bought a 1.7 theme for my customer... I'll need to ask for a refund ?

My customer had a Shopify website and I migrated with cart2cart and import in Prestashop... Will I need to do this all again ? Or I can export csv from PS 1.7 and import in PS 1.6 ?

I'm blocked, I can't deliver the website for my customer and I don't know what to do...

How did you made upgrade ? With 1-click module ?

With 1-click module you have the option for to do a rollback.

If upgrade from PS 1.6. to PS 1.7 was made manually, than use the backup you made of your shop to restore it. In this case upload the FTP back.up and the database back-up to your webspace. Before you do this, move the actual shop to a new folder with protected rights for to avoid serps indexing it.

• 7 months later...