The site is showing wrong price on the first load of the site

Gerard

Hi all, 

I have a problem with my site, sometimes when you load the site for the first time, the site is showing prices without taxes but when you refresh for the second time, the prices show correctly. It's very strange, I have the site with 17 countries created with multi-store but now only have 3 countries published. 

The main country on "All shops" is the UK but on this site this problem it's not happening, only on Netherlands and Germany, respectively of individual form, each country their default country assigned, I mean, Germany has Germany and Netherlands has Netherlands on "Localization > Localization > Default country".

I've checked taxes, tax rules, cache, disabled smarty cache, enabled, force compilation, manual cache removing, etc. But this seems to keep occurring.

The most strange thing on this is that I checked with Opera with VPN from Netherlands, I changed my computer language and occurs randomly. Sometimes when I access the site with my computer I see the prices correctly, sometimes I see the prices wrong.

Regards and thanks in advance :)

are you using a 3rd party cache module or using a cache 'type' at bottom of performance page.

note: when testing, 'almost' always use an incognito window.  Shop managers have been tripped up by browser cache issue because of all their testing.  so when in doubt of what visitor will see use incognito window (chrome for example)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, El Patron said:

are you using a 3rd party cache module or using a cache 'type' at bottom of performance page.

note: when testing, 'almost' always use an incognito window.  Shop managers have been tripped up by browser cache issue because of all their testing.  so when in doubt of what visitor will see use incognito window (chrome for example)

Hi El Patron, thanks for the help, but unfortunately seems that's not the problem, I disabled all cache types and sometimes still occurring. But it's very strange because, for example, I see the price correct with incognito mode, but another colleague doesn't see the correct prices or maybe he sees the prices correctly on his pc but not in his mobile...

We are testing always in incognito mode.

On 15/11/2017 at 5:28 PM, El Patron said:

What is you PrestaShop version, the entire version not just major version.

Are you using 3rd party theme or default theme?

28 minutes ago, tuk66 said:

Some cache modules are unrelenting. You should disable the module and clear cache - everywhere - module, smarty cache (/cache/smarty/compile), block cache (/cache/smarty/cache), browser, maybe cookies as well.

Hi guys, finally it's solved. The problem was a cookie on the country selection page and prestashop was searching the tax based on browser language.

It was hard to find the problem :wacko:

Many thanks for help!! :)

we just solved exact issue for client it was in their express cache module.  my lead hero fixed and we will fwd fix to module dev.  Do not contact me for other dev module fix, to determine if same issue for you please disable 'any' 3rd party cache module to see if issue goes away.  thanks, el

note: I do not personally recommend any 3rd party cache solution, well unless you believe in vodoo. lol

On 25/11/2017 at 5:54 PM, El Patron said:

we just solved exact issue for client it was in their express cache module.  my lead hero fixed and we will fwd fix to module dev.  Do not contact me for other dev module fix, to determine if same issue for you please disable 'any' 3rd party cache module to see if issue goes away.  thanks, el

note: I do not personally recommend any 3rd party cache solution, well unless you believe in vodoo. lol

Hi El Patron, we solved the problem. I marked my answer on the top, how Ii can close the thread and set "Solved" on the title? Many thanks :) 

• 2 years later...
On 11/20/2017 at 5:21 PM, Gerard said:

Hi guys, finally it's solved. The problem was a cookie on the country selection page and prestashop was searching the tax based on browser language.

How did you deleted the cookie or resolved the problem? Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2017 at 5:21 PM, Gerard said:

Hi.
Gerard how did you fix that? Can you be more explicit? 

6 minutes ago, shamanu said:

@Sorin M In the attached image you find the solution for Romania. Just enable the country, the browser language and disable "Default country by brwoser language" from Localization menu. It works like a charm.

Nice day!

error-prestashop.png

Thank you @shamanu
We already tried but unfortunately this is not working for us. 

From what we have checked it can be also from TAX Rule and now we are investigating this idea. image.thumb.png.804baa55784ef358646225b94b0b8c7f.png

There are only 41 results.

For us that was the main problem. 
Our general Tax rule was applied only for 41 country's not ALL country's. 

For everyone else prices was showing without tax rule. 

It was very frustrating and we loose many hours searching in wrong places :)  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 2:58 PM, shamanu said:

@Sorin M In the attached image you find the solution for Romania. Just enable the country, the browser language and disable "Default country by brwoser language" from Localization menu. It works like a charm.

Nice day!

error-prestashop.png

Just to share my experience and say THANK you for this suggestion. I have lost many hours investigating what could be a problem and it was this only button with unclear implications. 

This solved my problem. Thank you. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 12:15 PM, Gerard said:

Hi all, 

I have a problem with my site, sometimes when you load the site for the first time, the site is showing prices without taxes but when you refresh for the second time, the prices show correctly. It's very strange, I have the site with 17 countries created with multi-store but now only have 3 countries published. 

The main country on "All shops" is the UK but on this site this problem it's not happening, only on Netherlands and Germany, respectively of individual form, each country their default country assigned, I mean, Germany has Germany and Netherlands has Netherlands on "Localization > Localization > Default country".

Speed Test

I've checked taxes, tax rules, cache, disabled smarty cache, enabled, force compilation, manual cache removing, etc. But this seems to keep occurring.

The most strange thing on this is that I checked with Opera with VPN from Netherlands, I changed my computer language and occurs randomly. Sometimes when I access the site with my computer I see the prices correctly, sometimes I see the prices wrong.

Regards and thanks in advance :)

Are you using 3rd party theme or default theme?

Edited by kirianjahiem (see edit history)