[SOLVED] How can I eidt the Feature Products block

Hi, I want to removed the product short description from the Feathure Prodcuts block and make the grid shorter. Please see the image below, that is what I need.

I am sure it is doable but I don't know how. If someone could help me with it will be mush appreciated. BIG thanks!

27196_05ZtC620GSLvfTkCmt69_t

Edit modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl and {* comment out *} line 15:

<a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}

Then change the liHeight on line 6:

{assign var='liHeight' value=342}

to:

{assign var='liHeight' value=242}

to reduce the height by 100px.

No, the liHeight is used to determine the height of the ul element only. The height of the li is actually automatically calculated. The background behind the featured products block won't look right if you don't get the liHeight right though.

• 1 year later...

Hi Rocky,

Thank you for your comment. I have a similar problem. I try to comment out the line as your mention by different express:

<div class="product_desc"><!-- <a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'} --></a></div>

<div class="product_desc">{*<a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}*}

</a></div>

{*<div class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}/a></div>*}

<!-- <div class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'} </a></div> -->

Or event delete this line, but the resullt does not change.

The pixel setting is:

{assign var='liHeight' value=242}

Could you give me any suggestions?

Alex

post-287236-0-14848300-1316473377_thumb.jpg

More:

<a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}

and

* <div class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:130:'...'}</a></div>

But all are not worked.

Alex