Official Paypal module problem with different Shipping and Invoice addresses.

EverythingsOverpriced

I'm using the "PayPal v3.11.4 - by PrestaShop" module for paypal payments with PS 1.6x and the standard Prestashop checkout process.

When a buyer selects to use different Shipping and Invoice addresses and then proceeds to login to paypal, paypal imports and displays the Invoice address instead of the Shipping address.

So the user, if they're paying attention and notice this, needs to type the address again, which will obviously irritate them.

If they don't notice it then it could cause issues further down the line, such as the chance the item could be sent to the wrong address.

This problem was reported by another user in this forum in 2016, but there was no solution.

Given that this is an official module created by prestashop, should I report this as a bug in The Forge?

Thanks all. Have a great weekend!

Edited by EverythingsOverpriced
typo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is not the paypal module But Paypal itself. Paypal takes only the masteradress for payment, but not the delivery address. The problem is the logic of Paypal itself. You should enter into their logic: I buy something. I have to pay this. When you go to their site for to pay, paypal checks the account of the person who bought and not the person for which the delivery is predestinated.

Seems you misunderstood something. It is not a problem of Prestashop, not a problem of Paypal, it is your own logic problem.

When you pay something you receive an invoce. So in your case the person, who is added to invoice, is the one which is paying, despite of any other person or different delivery address.

Perhaps better explained for you: Legally seen the person who bought something is the owner of the good. In case of a trader, so here also  tax matters will apply to this rules. So it is absolutely correct that you will see on Paypal the person which the goods are invoiced to and nobody else. As said before: that what you want is not practicable and against tax rules.

Oh, I did misunderstand the issue he was having. No, the issue is not with paypal, it is with the module. When a user changes the delivery address on paypal it throws a monkey wrench in the whole system. 

To give the best possible outcome the root of the issue needs to be fixed with the paypal module sending the address over. But there is still an open door if they change it in the paypal flow, which happens less often. Sadly for every paypal module there is not a maintained repository that is public, so no developer can look at the issue make a pull request and fix it community wide. 

I think there are misunderstandings here. Which may be my fault as I may have explained the issue incorrectly. I will attempt to clarify.

• User enters a different delivery and billing address for their order (SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT)
  • User proceeds to paypal (user does not have a paypal account).
  • Paypal takes the Delivery Address and uses it as the Billing Address (SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT)

Apologies for any confusion.

Does this make sense?

PS.png

PP.jpg