how to hide out of stock products in PS 1.7

kosynier8

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have found a new solution for you request: Hiding out of stock products Free PrestasShop module.

Set the “Visibility” option of out of stock products to “Nowhere” to hide them on the front office. For some shops, it doesn’t make sense to show out-of-stock products on the front office, this free prestashop module is an easy solution to hide out of stock products on the front office.

Features
  • Hide out of stock products on the front office.
  • One click to set the “Visibility” option to “Nowhere” for all out of stock products.
Compatibility
  • PrestaShop 1.6 and PrestaShop 1.7.
  • Transformer theme, Panda theme, Classic theme and all other themes.

How to install and upgrade.

How to install? Use the “Upload a module” button on “BO > Modules” page to install the module.

How to upgrade?
Use the “Upload a module” button on “BO > Modules” page to upload the new version to your site, it’s the same as how to install, don’t worry all your data will be safe, prestashop will just upload updated files to your site, it won’t reinstall this module.

How to get support.

If you have any questions with the module, post them out on the prestashop module support forum, we’ll help you out.

Documentation.

1. If a product is set to “Allow orders”, will this module set the product to be “nowhere”.
NO.
2. If this module is compatible with Advanced stock manager.
Currently NO.

Changelog

v1.0.1 Fixed a bug (31 October, 2018).

I will keep upgrading this module, let me messages, if you have feature requests.

Edited by Mediacom87
Modification to put the direct link to the module archive to respect the rules of the forum (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Is there any news or update regarding this functionality? In WooCommerce it is just one tick to hide product with stock below specific quantity :) In Presta this super simple task seems to require degree in quantum physics at the moment.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am with you Robineero.

It's almost silly not to have this functionality as an option.

There are many sellers like me who sell 'one off' items that simply

can't be restocked and I am not going to pay US$50 for a feature that

is free in other carts.

Edited by TDAKS (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

It appears that hiding out of stock items is not native to Prestashop and requires paid add on.

Hiding out of stock products Free PrestasShop module.
When you click on the link to this module you find it is NOT free.

I have wiped PS from my server and will look elsewhere for a solution.

Wishing you all great success with PS.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/2/2019 at 10:57 AM, phoneup said:

Hello, could your module also work with a product variation?

Here is an example of a product with my shop (declination on the grade + the pack)

(the stock is directly called via JSON at my supplier)

: https://www.upyourphone.com/en/20-1450-iphone-se-32-go-or.html

PS; a specific development could interest me if you are able to do it!

Sincerely, Florian

We created a free module that automatically changes the default combination when it goes out of stock, see https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/1011838-free-module-out-of-stock-combination-change-ps-16-ps-17/

I am not really sure if i should post my question here. But, it's a problem relating to combinations. I mean, i have different combination for different products. But, it shows all the combinations at once on my website. I want unavailable combinations be disappeared automatically. What can be done? Can anyone please suggest. 

My website address is https://www.bd24.store/ if anyone wants to take a look. 

Thank you everyone.  

• 6 months later...

Yes, it works without cron, the module checks stock inforamtion after every new order to set the "visibility" field of out of stock products to "Nowhere".

If you restock a product on the back office product page, then the "visibility" field will be set to everywhere automatically. The free version doesn't set the visibility" field to "Nowhere" if you descrese the quantity to 0 on the back office product page.

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I have installed the module: "Hiding out of stock” and now all the out of stock products are not visible in the front office, all is fine, but my question is: "How to get back to the original status?" I want now to be able to see the out of stock products in the front office. Huge thanks in advance, yours, Marius

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 17.31.36.png

On 8/8/2019 at 5:09 AM, TDAKS said:

It appears that hiding out of stock items is not native to Prestashop and requires paid add on.

Hiding out of stock products Free PrestasShop module.
When you click on the link to this module you find it is NOT free.

I have wiped PS from my server and will look elsewhere for a solution.

Wishing you all great success with PS.

What are you using now? I would love to know a great alternative because PS is lacking some very necessary facilities for a new shop to grow. 

11 minutes ago, num47 said:

What are you using now? I would love to know a great alternative because PS is lacking some very necessary facilities for a new shop to grow. 

Salve, this is what I have used, but I would like first find the option on how to revert to the initial status, as i see now this is not available: https://www.sunnytoo.com/download/31747/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:03 PM, drwebbe said:

hi man, i installed https://www.sunnytoo.com/31746/hiding-stock-products-free-prestashop-module 

and I have 2 weeks since I installed that module for free and after uninstallation I no longer have products that are not in stock, i can't see them. I want to show my products that are not in stock. Please with all my heart help me :( 

il y a 11 minutes, Marian Mada a dit :

hi man, i installed https://www.sunnytoo.com/31746/hiding-stock-products-free-prestashop-module 

and I have 2 weeks since I installed that module for free and after uninstallation I no longer have products that are not in stock, i can't see them. I want to show my products that are not in stock. Please with all my heart help me :( 

How to get support.