changing all products to start adding tax VAT

My prestashop store has been running for just over 12 months now and i am now going to start having to charge VAT (Uk tax) on my products. I have been unable to find a way of enabling VAT for all my products without having to go into each individual product and set the tax from No Tax to VAT at 17.5%. Surely there must be a way of doing this on mass. perhaps with phpmyadmin on the database?

I managed to figure out how to do this from within phpmyadmin see the code below

UPDATE `ps_product` SET `id_tax` = replace(id_tax, "0", "1");

Run this SQL query in phpmyadmin and it will change them all in no time. took less than a second to do it on my server for over 400 products
This will set VAT on all the products to the VAT amount set at position 1 in the Payment > Taxes area of the back office, if you want to set it to one of the other VAT levels then change the number "1" to "2" or "3" etc depending on which one is relavent for you

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi there, I need help!
i have a similar problem, but the other way round. I added taxes to all my products and now I need that every product have "no tax" on its info tab... is there a way to do this all at once, without having to edit each product one by one? (I have more than 500 items) :-/

I would really appreciate any help with this! thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...