1-Click update to 1.7.2.4 then Error 500

Hi

Today I finally decided to upgrade my PS 1.7.0.6 so to the latest release due to security issue.

The 1-Click update was successful but the website was displayed empty because no module was working. I wanted to restore and it failed "could not unzip" and from that moment I have not been able to access my admin anymore => Error 500.

In debug mode I get this:

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

1/1ParameterNotFoundException in ParameterBag.php line 84:You have requested a non-existent parameter "kernel.bundles_metadata".

What can I do now ?

The error what your having is on: /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php line 84

The error is a possible permissions error on the cache of your server.

Ask your provider for a back-up before the update and restore your site. For the error add it to Prestashop forge. Perhaps there is in use an older symfony version not compatible with your server configuration, or an older server not compatible with symfony version in use.

5 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

The error what your having is on: /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php line 84

The error is a possible permissions error on the cache of your server.

Ask your provider for a back-up before the update and restore your site. For the error add it to Prestashop forge. Perhaps there is in use an older symfony version not compatible with your server configuration, or an older server not compatible with symfony version in use.

It's very strange because I've been able to use the module even after the upgrade and after 1 failed restore.  Then I got this 500 all in the sudden.

How can I restore manually though? The only backup I have is the one from 1-Click : 1 big .zip file in admin/autoupdate and many *.sql.dz2.

For me it seems to be a cache error on the server, but it could be also a failed restore, with broken or missing files. I cannot tell you exactly what happened. It could be also a problem of the symfony version in use. Don't know if Prestashop is upgrading this too, when you upgrade the shop with 1.click-module. 500 errors are always server errors.

The back-up what you are having is from your database (SQL), but not from FTP. Ask your provider for assistance. You need to restore complete webspace (FTP+database) to the time before first upgrade.

I do everything myself on this VPS and there is no such backup. I thought the 1-Click module one was enough.

There is a  1 Gb zip file, and it's FTP backup from that module. I have both files and SQL, but not very sure whether I can simplyextract all of this and run the SQL.

In my Apache error.log I got this when I try to access my Prestashop admin :

[Mon Nov 06 21:15:03.215646 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7949] [client xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\ContextErrorException' with message 'Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 4 passed to PrestaShopBundle\\EventListener\\TokenizedUrlsListener::__construct() must be an instance of Employee, instance of PrestaShop\\PrestaShop\\Adapter\\LegacyContext given, called in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/cache/prod/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 2794 and defined' in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/src/PrestaShopBundle/EventListener/TokenizedUrlsListener.php:54
[Mon Nov 06 21:15:03.215712 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7949] [client xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: Stack trace:
[Mon Nov 06 21:15:03.215716 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7949] [client xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: #0 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/src/PrestaShopBundle/EventListener/TokenizedUrlsListener.php(54): Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\ErrorHandler->handleError(4096, 'Argument 4 pass...', '/var/www/client...', 54, Array)
[Mon Nov 06 21:15:03.215761 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7949] [client xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: #1 /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/cache/prod/appProdProjectContainer.php(2794): PrestaShopBundle\\EventListener\\TokenizedUrlsListener->__construct(Object(Symfony\\Component\\Security\\Csrf\\CsrfTokenManager), Object(PrestaShopBundle\\Service\\Routing\\Router), 'ANONYMOUS_USER', Object in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/src/PrestaShopBundle/EventListener/TokenizedUrlsListener.php on line 54

3 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

All errors you are having are server settings. You need assistance from your provider. The server you are running Prestashop is not well configured. php tokenizer making problems. Perhaps not installed or configured on your server....

http://php.net/manual/en/book.tokenizer.php

It has been working perfectly for months like this. The problem occurred after the Prestashop minor update, then emptied the cache. And even after restoring all files and SQL it persists.

I haven't changed anything in my server's configuration.

You need to know a little bit how server work. When you install something than server have a cache. If you delete the cache than you will get problems if server was not well configured before. Only after this you will see the problems, before not, cause scripts can trespass first problems and make site work as well.

BTW: I have several customers shops running under PS 1.6. although some of my customers asked for to upgrade to PS 1.7. I released no one of them. All shops in production remain PS 1.6. The one I upgraded are running on test environment, and let me say PS 1.7. is full of bugs and not compatible with 80% of the sold webspaces on the market. If you read here in the forum the major of persons using PS 1.7. are having error 500 on the server. Personally I'm of the opinion that the release of PS 1.7. was too early. This version is a mix of symfony and smarty. Both cannot speak well together and needs special server requirements for to work. If you can donwgrade your site (backup restore of webspace when PS 1.6. was working) you will go fine. Upgrade when PS 1.8. is 100% symfony.

I installed 1.7 directly for this shop because I didn't want to do an upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 in the following year. So I can't downgrade, plus I use a 1.7 theme and 1.7 modules. I have another shop under PS1.6 that I know I won't be able to upgrade already.
This shop has too much products, photos, I just can't start over it's weeks and weeks of work. I really hate this new version of PS, the BO is not friendly at all. Attributes system is worse than before.

Which part of the server can be misconfigured ?

Server settings can be managed only by server administrator. You are running your PS 1.7. site on a root server, or it is a managed packag ? If second, than you should contact the server admin.

If first you can use the link I added on this post for to install tokenizer php extension : https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/634106-1-click-update-to-1724-then-error-500/?do=findComment&comment=2629551

As server administrator you can also try to restart the server and verify if problems disappeared. Perhaps some server addons stopped to work or is hanging.

I am the server admin. I restarted Apache and there's no change. I will reboot early morning because too many visitors on the other shop at this time.

And  I read the php tokenizer man and I couldn't see how it can help.  I hope the reboot can change something but I doubt it. I feel like Prestashop's Symfony is corrupted somehow. I put the full error log here : http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-4257

Install tokenizer if not installed (check on phpinfo.php). If installed you need to configure it correctly. I don't know if your symfony package is corrupted, maybe by timeout on server during the upgrade. Making a full restore should make the shop work again. But it's not for you, so it must be a bad configured server. In this case you should search for a server expert, which can take a look into your server ini and server settings you have done.

Don't think it is a Prestashop problem, but a problem which day by day made your Prestashop more and more instable, due to not noted problems from beginning on.

Server error logs are clean ?

tokenizer is installed.
During the restore attempt I had a disk full error (it could not unzip the archive).

I assume my backup archive is complete though.

If I do a manual update again, do you think it will fix this problem ?

If files couldn't unzip, than server is not well configured. Again I suggest you to hire somebody for to put your server working. Server administration is not something you can do by self-learning. You need to have some know how if you want to run software on it without problems. So what I mean: the basis should be stable and correct configured, in order to can build on this. From what I've seen on above discussion, you have no idea what you are doing.