Prestashop 1.6.1 Check out

hristo_hk

Hello,
I have the following situation:
In my shop I sell non virtual products.
I the goods can be picked up in store or delivered via carrier. The carrier has it's own module for PS and supports delivery to address or pick up in their office.
I have enabled one page check out and guest check out.
I would like two things:
1. If a guest orders to skip filling of address (as mandatory) in PS form (when he picks it up at our physical shop it's unnecessary, and if it's via carrier - it has it's own fields in the module).

2. If guest/visitor checks out to skip the need of creating guest account.

Is there a way to achieve that - modification of files or module?

Well, I know what You are trying to acomplish but most of shops is working in this way that clients can choose if they want to collect it by themselves or is the good need to be delivered by courier company. You will still need information about them to have a customer in Your shop and have bigger control over them.

You want to have bigger conversion just from the fact the custom is not forced to type their address? Maybe it some point but IMHO is not so safe to do so.

All products should have assigned Collect in shop, COD and Courier delivery to choose from.

On 25/10/2017 at 11:29 AM, hakeryk2 said:

Well, I know what You are trying to acomplish but most of shops is working in this way that clients can choose if they want to collect it by themselves or is the good need to be delivered by courier company. You will still need information about them to have a customer in Your shop and have bigger control over them.

You want to have bigger conversion just from the fact the custom is not forced to type their address? Maybe it some point but IMHO is not so safe to do so.

All products should have assigned Collect in shop, COD and Courier delivery to choose from.

Thanks for your reply

You have got me wrong - now the customer have to enter the address twice. The first is for PS and second in the module of the carrier. It's confusing.

1. there are 2 type of address : invoice address & delivery address

2. basically the mandatory address is invoice address

3. when a product is tangible, Then delivery address is required. However when customer choose carrier = "pick up in store" then basically delivery address is not necessary anymore.

4. Invoice address can be the same as delivery address. However it will be different when customer bought that product for someone else (gift or dropshipping) or want to receive the product in his home but being paid by accounting on his office (invoice address will use his office address with accounting name)

5. When customer choose carrier = "pickup in store", then an invoice address is still required because it's indicate who responsible to pay & who had responsibility about the order & payment (e.g: Tax)

--- // --

Some (unusual) online shop want to ignore both type of address to simplify the checkout process & doesn't care about the use of address data.

Can we do that?

Yes we can, but this require you to modify your PrestaShop (which mean ... programing skill is required)

How?

Setup a default dummy address and use it as invoice & delivery address of your customers wherever it meet the conditions.

When customer doesn't have an address or "silently" use dummy address (this can be done upon account creation), at checkout step-shipping there should be only 1 options : "pickup in store" and to prevent confusion there should be an information for customer which tell them that they have to create an address if they want to deliver their order instead "pickup in store".

Sounds interesting ... but how?

It depend to the payment module and shipping module used on your shop.

Assuming we are on default Prestashop 1.6.1 environment with OPC and there is only 1 payment module "bankwire" and there is only 1 carrier "my carrier" created by the available prestashop feature and without shipping module.

Override AuthController.php to create new method, for example: createDefaultAddress()

This method responsible to automatically & silently create an address for new customer upon registration/account creation. I sugest to prepare default address same as your physical store address for this purpose.

Modify theme file order-opc.tpl & all related files to: (a) hide checkout step-2: order address, (b) add an information e.g: "please create an address if you want to deliver your order instead pickup in store", (c) add submit button "Add address"

When customer decide to Add address, s/he will be redirected to an address form where s/he can input all address data as usual, but when s/he submit "create address' then the process basically updating the default one. You might need to override AddressController for this purpose.

Once your customer successfully creating an address, then s/he can back to checkout process but in this case the step-2 order address will be displayed as usual where by default the invoice address = delivery address.