[solved]Your system does not have a secure random number generator.

Hi,

I've just installed Prestashop 1.7.2.3. on my nginx/php5-fpm server. Installation worked fine, but now I'm getting this error: "Your system does not have a secure random number generator.".

I've done some searching and I tried to update to the newest version of random_compat (http://disq.us/p/1dhwzje), but the problem remains.

My php version is 5.5.9 and meets all the requirements.

28 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

I'm using php 5.6.30 (nginx proxied and php-fpm) and Prestashop 1.7.0 to latest 1.7.2.4 on same server, and this error does not appear. Give a try. If error still available, than it must be a problem with configuration of your apache or ngnix.

I'm not quite sure what you think I should give a try?

The server is running Ubuntu 14.04

I've just upgraded to PHP 5.6.31, but the admin-page is still showing HTTP 500 error, but the address is now "/admin/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=xxx". No error is logged.

The front-end is working now though.

When I try to run a script with just a simple call to random_bytes(), it says that the function is undefined.

Which kernel-version does your OS run on @selectshop.at ?

I'll try to delete all files and install PS again.

Maybe I've found something regarding the "Catalog" and "Modules" links.

The "Catalog"-link is /admin549jdlq8c/index.php/product/catalog?_token=xxx, but all other links are something like /admin.php?controller=Admin...

I have enabled debug-mode, and when I click the "Catalog"-link, I get this:

[Debug] This page has moved
Please use the following URL instead: /index.php?_token=xxx