is there a way to remove "social title" from the order form?

limfwerk

I realize they are optional, but they are not labeled as such and I would prefer to not have them there at all,  In fact in general I would like to customize the checkout page to some degree, but if it is unusually tricky then removing the one section would suit me.  Thank you and good luck.

socialtitle.png

I presume it is the latest version, 1.7.2.3 since I downloaded it this week.  I did go digging through the bits of data trying to find which one was generating what but could not find anything that looked like what I thought I was looking for.

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to remove/hide "social title" too, the problem it's that every field present on the checkout page has the same name, they haven't a specific class that can be used to hide it.

Each field have a div and a span with the same classes:

<div class="form-group row ">
    <label class="col-md-3 form-control-label">
          Titolo sociale
    </label>
</div>

Do you know the tpl file where I should find them?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

To remove the social title from all the address fields (including on the checkout page), Modify the following file.

themes/classic/templates/customer/_partials/customer-form.tpl (Check the same according to your theme)

Replace the following code 

{block "form_field"}
	{form_field field=$field}
{/block}

with 

{if $field.name != 'id_gender'}
	{block "form_field"}
		{form_field field=$field}
	{/block}
{/if}

So basically,  I have added one condition to exclude the title field.

Hope it will help. Kindly let me know in case any issue.

• Like 1

Greeps I wish somebody had said that back in October!  I remember making a mess of it, possibly removing much more than the one field in an attempt to destroy it, and cannot recall how it turned out but I ended up not using the presta shop at all in the end.  If I try to figure it out again I will see if that suggestion is something I can actually try at this/that point.

Edited by limfwerk
there was more to say (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For me (version 1.7.4.2.) this fix worked well (in the begining of the \themes\{your_template}\templates\_partials\form-fields.tpl):

Find this part

{if $field.type == 'hidden'}

{block name='form_field_item_hidden'}
    <input type="hidden" name="{$field.name}" value="{$field.value}">
  {/block}

Add this line " or $field.name=='id_gender' " to the if parameters, to make it look like this:

{if $field.type == 'hidden' or $field.name=='id_gender'}

{block name='form_field_item_hidden'}
    <input type="hidden" name="{$field.name}" value="{$field.value}">
  {/block}

This should influence all the filling forms globally, not only in checkout page.

Edited by sting5 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I find it mind boggling that there is not a simple Setting to enable/disable Social title and Birthday .  Loggin/Signup needs to be as simple as possible !
I found that deleting the 2 default titles removed the Title field fron the sign up page .Yet to check other pages.

New to PS and already finding weird quirks that take hours of research to find fixes... for things that I would expect to just disable with a setting!

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...