Problems with the new layout

musicmaster

Question

Nice, the new layout of the forum. But there are still a lot of problems.

The most important (for me) is that attached files don't work. Downloads are nowhere visible and uploaded images appear in a post as [attachment=170866:preview.jpg]

Another important problem is the scrollbar on the right. The header of the forum - that is permanent visible - overlaps with the scrollbar. So on a page with a lot of content - like the page that lists all forums - you need to page down a lot before something becomes visible in the scrollbar that you can grab with the mouse to move down.

10 answers to this question

Hi Antoine, Thank you for forwarding the issue.

One thing I didn't mention is that I very much miss the user activity page. Many users who regularly provide support on the forum - including me - used this page to keep track of reactions. My expectation is that the disappearance of this page will lead to a considerable decline in the amount of support that people receive.

In the previous forum "following" and "member activity" were two different things. 

"Following" sent you an email when there was some reaction. I used that for a very limited number of posts - usually when I had a problem myself and was eagerly waiting for a helpful answer.

"Member activity" just showed all the forum threads in which I had participated - ordered by the time of the most recent reaction. Fat print showed me whether I had already seen the latest reaction and a preview button offered me the option to see (a part of) the latest reaction without leaving the overview page. It was very suitable for issues where you helped other people as it allowed you to have a look once a day without being bothered the rest of the day with notifications.

Two other points:

- you didn't react to my point about the scroll bar

- for my taste the new layout is too mobile friendly at the expense of the desktop. At the desktop I see now much less content at once because the letters are so big and the spaces between the lines are huge.

You're right. I've checked in the Back Office, I unfortunately can't modify these sections. It has been included with the Invision forum update.

• Concerning the scroll bar issue, I've already reported it ot the team few days ago.
  • I agree that the spaces are quite big. It's not a priority for now but I still forward it to the team to treat it later. 

Again, thank you for your reports. :)
Antoine

Hi Antione,

Thank you for your answers.

One other topic. The page "Manage Followed Content".

At the moment this page is almost completely useless to me. On the first page I see just issues that haven't been active for more than a year. It looks like the issues are sorted on date entered. I would prefer a sorting on last post. Or at least to have the option to sort on last post so that I can see when a new reply has been posted.

Attached files is still a problem. On my Prestools page (https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/185401-free-script-prestools-suite-mass-edit-order-edit-and-much-more/) I have an attached file with the name 1.20b.zip that is a kind of ghost file as I cannot remove it. 

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

On 6-11-2017 at 6:32 PM, Antoine F said:

Hello @musicmaster , I've checked the attached file issue and it should be fixed now. Could you please confirm it? :) 

Yes, it works now. But I am not really happy.

In the past when I uploaded a file it automatically put a link below the post. When I put my cursor at a certain place I could choose insert to insert an image as such at that location.

Now every time I upload a file it will be invisible in the post. I need to move the cursor to the bottom of the article and then press the "+" to insert a link. So it is extra work. But I will live with it.

Quotes - lame as hell! What's the point of making it so huge? :angry:

HTML tags also huge and even bordered while other parts of the code are normal size. Who on earth thought this would be helpful in any way? :angry:

It seems some parts of this forum are made for chrome users only. Just noticed that when you make user reference i.e. @Antoine F you get stuck in it and can't write any more while on firefox.

You've made a mess, presta team, now please bring back the old forums!