Car bussines feature filter on entire catalog

I’m looking for something like layered navigation.

This is needed for car parts. I was tried many demo versions of modules and always is the same problem.

I explain a little bit:

My products have features like this:

(I want to install Multiple features module)

1. MARK: AUDI, SKODA, VW

2. MODEL: A4 (1995.01 - 2000.11), SUPERB (2001.12-2008.03), PASSAT (1996.08 - 2000.11)

3. ENGINE:

1.8 T 1995.01 2000.11 1781 150 110

1.8 T 1997.12 2000.11 1781 180 132

1.8 T quattro 1997.12 2000.11 1781 180 132

etc. etc.

Now, client can choose:

1. First Attribute MARK

2. Second Attribute MODEL

3. Third Attribute ENGINE

Always there is a problem. When you browse between categories you loose entered data or module doesn’t depend on features.

I have tried:

- included Layered Navigation - does'nt stay when you browse

- Advanced Search 4 (addons) - does'nt stay when you browse

- WK SEARCH PLUS (addons) – it almost good but it not depends on features – you must import relationships in CSV file.

- Eveprest - Spare Parts – TM Advanced Filter (addons) - does'nt stay when you browse

- Advanced Product Search Bar with 3 Filters – almost good but you have to enter values first. It doesent use features automaticlly.(addons)

- Prestashop Car/Parts Filter Plugin (https://codecanyon.net/item/prestashop-carparts-filter-plugin/9672880) – the same – using prevoisly added values – not features

- Filter Products Pro https://www.presteamshop.com/en/modules-prestashop/filter-products-pro.html – filter don’t stay on entire catalog, when you browse another category you must enter again.

-Search by Attribute - filter don’t stay on entire catalog, when you browse another category you must enter again.

When client choose his model – it must stay on entire catalog until he reset value.

Does anoybody know module which can do that?

Of course maybe someone want to build something like this.

Edited by warehouser (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

hi there @warehouser,

did you find any solution to your problem?

i am experiencing the exact same thing and i am amazed that i can't find even a single solution for prestashop....

on the other hand all the car pars websites i visit they seem to be magento....

Could it be that Prestashop does not have the right structure to  support such feature ?

thank you for you answer!

1."You need just to configure your store based on these  features."......You speak in riddles... :P
2. This is not clear but since you have a tree with Categories and products under them, you need a different tree with Car Manufacturers>models>makes. and right there trouble starts. I have installed a module that uses this structure but it is imposible to keep the selection while navigating away from the result. Ultimately because it is working as a search

3. when you say "you are working on it" are you suggesting something? like a module on the way? or something else?

• 3 months later...

Please correct me if i missed something (and i wish you do...) but as far as i have searched nobody have managed to create a filtering system that persists through category browsing. clicking on a category resets the selection. Plus many solutions are not exactly user friendly for the client if we are talking thousands of products and hundreds of models. and when we are talking about car parts the above numbers are expected.

the other strange thing is that the only thread that seems usefull is in .... german... but still i didn't see any link that has the solution to the problem.

So i need filters with depth 3 (in my case Type-Make-model) so Features are out since they have only a depth of 2 and faceted search does not save its results and there is no plug-in for 1.7 that can do all the above

what a car parts shop (or any other spare parts shop) needs, is obvious and much needed. Finding your model and then browsing parts that fit to that.

all spare parts eshops i have visited are either Custom or Magento....

so is this in vein? is it time to admit that Prestashop IS NOT THE CORRECT PLATFORM FOR BUILDING A SPARE PARTS website???

am i wrong??

tell me i am wrong!

OP did you finally managed to find a solution?

@ndiaga did you manage to create that module?

i am looking into WK SEARCH PLUS. they have an extremely laggy demo and i can't test it properly. but my hopes are not high.

You can realize it as I told on my prior topic. Filtering by entire catalog is not a problem, but not a native Prestashop feature. Use for ex. this paid filter, https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/179001-module-filter-products-pro-filter-and-search-advanced-of-products/

or you can use also any other of the  addons I named on other thread.

@ndiaga - why are you promoting things you are developing and are not ready for use? There are several other filters still working and tested by other users. We should not reinvent the wheel, when there are several options ready for use available...

@pduke7 - I was using for sometime besides the filter I linked on my prior post, also this one: https://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-filter-modules/74-161-prestashop-ajax-filter-module.html#/25-prestashop_version-all_versions

Also with this filter you can add filter over the whole shop on your homepage.

But as I said, there are also other several ready for use filters you can find on paid addons site. Just follow the link: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?id_category=0&search_query=filter 

I prefere this one, as it is cheaper and do the same as for the ajax-filter of presto-change-o: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/179001-module-filter-products-pro-filter-and-search-advanced-of-products/

#selectshop.at - I know it is not a core feature.(although changing faceted search to keep its results would be a great step!), but i realize that nobody has done it, at least I have seen no such website. and for months now, my efforts to implement such a feature  and be proud of my results, have gone to bottom of the sea. Now, the plugins you posted are not for 1.7. 
Still "Filter Products Pro" does not keep its selection if you change category. at least that is what i can understand from this confusing demo ( and more naggin: i will never understand why people keep showing demos of their modules in their native language... woocommerce will eat us alive !!)

So, have you found any website with spare parts on Prestashop that works as expected? even better in 1.7? if yes please post a link.

I am  frustrated, and please forgive me, i am not with you :) , cause i have an excellent working eCommerce shop, built more that a decade ago and i can't find the right solution for upgrading it to a todays Prestashop :(

@ndiaga - Select is right, you can't ask for funds without having a product tested and ready.

Edited by pduke7 (see edit history)

@pduke7 - sorry, but for privacy reasons I never will post links of my customers projects here in the forum. This is not professional, besides that GDPR prohibit such thing as well. As I said, you can use both of the modules I named you before. You can add filter option on homepage over all the catalog. For both modules you have demosites. If you need a design customization, so you can ask both developers for paid design.

Spare parts manager module, which is a search module with own design you will find here: https://store.ukoo.fr/en/anciennes-versions/12-spare-parts-manager-prestashop.html

Prestashop 1.7. is still in development and not stable. Take Prestashop 1.6. and when PS 1.7 (1.8.) is finally moved to symfony framework you and update. There is no surplus on features by using PS 1.7. In contrary, there were some things removed (advanced stock management, product reviews, etc.).

• Thanks 1

Another interesting module with connection to an external database via webservice I found on addons site. Not cheap, but large-scale: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/fast-mass-updates/24564-itecdoc-car-parts-search-module-web-catalog.html

BTW filter options don't have a deep, but a combination of filter options. One of my customers have a shoes store with 20.000 products and about 3 mio filter options. For this quantity of dat a you need a dedicated server. The more features you add to the filter, the more you need an unicorn server. Filteroptions are havy duty requests on database. An ajax-filter will give some speed on this. OR you use an external database via api-service for that.

• Thanks 1

@selectshop.at - This last one i knew (it is quite expensive... and car only oriented ), but this ukoo one never saw it before.Interesting.... everything is made for 1.6 it seems :(

i totally understand your privacy reasons. Most of all, i finally realized that i probably should go back to 1.6...

So concluding i must rephrase.. "1.7 is not the platform to build a spare parts website yet" ... it seems.

i will give one last try to that WK module i mentioned before and if any good come from that i will come back to report.

or else it is all downhill to 1.6 from now on.... 

not happy with that

Thank you very much for you helpful input

• 2 years later...

@warehouser  @pduke7

have you ever found a solution?

I read so many pages on this forum, and all answers does not fulfill our need (mine is like yours).

Just because those are "search", and only filter once, displaying all results in one page.

our need is very different, we want to filter the catalog, so basically, once we select

BRAND:AUDI 

MODEL: A4 (1995.01 - 2000.11)

ENGINE: 1.8 T 

then we want this selection to be saved, so when customer navigates on the website, moving from one category to another, then the filter is always applied for that specific vehicule.

So if I go to the "seat" or "wiper" category, then I should only see seats or wipers compatible with my audi (without having to re-select my vehicule!)

and also when customer uses the "search" feature like:

search for: wiper

then the module should filter that search to only display "wiper" compatible with my audi

ALL solutions I found require to re-select the vehicule everytime I move to another page!

None of the modules, not even around 500$, implements this.

a lot of modules seems to be OK, like https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search-filters/48621-leo-parts-filter-for-car-parts-filter-plugin.html

or https://www.presteamshop.com/en/modulos-prestashop/filter-products-pro.html

or https://addons.prestashop.com/en/fast-mass-updates/24564-itecdoc-car-parts-search-module-web-catalog.html

but they don't, only when you read the description it sounds OK, because as I said, YES I can pick my vehicule, but they do not save the vehicule selection so make it useless for our need (very easy to check on their demo page)

UKOO_compat seems very close, but no demo store so I can't say, and seems like a dead project without update since 2017

https://store.ukoo.fr/en/anciennes-versions/12-spare-parts-manager-prestashop.html

so what about you did you find something?

thanks,

Rod

• 5 months later...

Hi webrod,

We have the same need. And of course that the vehicle model is saved during user navigation. This seems logical, but obviously no module offers this. This seems quite incredible to me because this feature can be applied to many industries.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, soldy said:

Hi webrod,

We have the same need. And of course that the vehicle model is saved during user navigation. This seems logical, but obviously no module offers this. This seems quite incredible to me because this feature can be applied to many industries.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks,

No. and good luck to even find anyone understanding our need... everyone provides partial solution...

I finally gave up with prestashop, and moved to magento 2 even if I knew such module does not exist neither on that platform (with some exceptions but from people that will make you in contact with their RnD to develop/customize something incredibly costly). I finally built my own.

works well, even with varnish.

good luck!

33 minutes ago, webrod said:

No. and good luck to even find anyone understanding our need... everyone provides partial solution...

I finally gave up with prestashop, and moved to magento 2 even if I knew such module does not exist neither on that platform (with some exceptions but from people that will make you in contact with their RnD to develop/customize something incredibly costly). I finally built my own.

works well, even with varnish.

good luck!

Ok thanks. So I'm going to entrust this work to a developer.