Cost price with combinations

hirsz

Hello,

I'm in the process of testing my shop on 1.7.2 and I'm a little stuck on one problem:

I tried to assign cost prices to my products and I realized that I can't assign them to combinations.

I will sell e-liquids for e-cigarettes, some of them are in 10ml capacity bottles, some in 30ml and their cost prices are different.

There is one place only to put a cost price even that I've created combinations before.

It means that a profit will be calculated based on one capacity only. Am I right?

Thanks in advance for suggestions :-)

Yes, you right I can add an impact on the price but only retail price, this is working fine. What I'm talking about is a cost price.

In combinations the customer have a choice to buy 10ml bottle or 30ml bottle - the prices are different, same for me - to buy them I have to pay two different prices as well

And my problem is that a "cost price" field is only one. For example I'm paying for a 10ml bottle $5 and for 30ml bottle $10.

I can't put these cost prices separately for combinations. It seems the only way to achieve the right profit calculation is to separate them as two different products but then the idea of combinations won't work for me.

post-1437850-0-63235400-1508237269_thumb.jpg

Well, it might be actually one option, I'm not sure if it'll work though.

To make Presta calculate the profit properly I'll have to sum the purchase prices of both combinations for 10 and 30ml bottles and put it in the "cost price" field.

Any ideas?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/8/2020 at 7:25 PM, LA_C said:

Hey hirsz, 

You can edit a combination item specifically, including cost price, by clicking edit (the little pencil icon) on the specific combination item itself. 

Thanks for pointing out (the obvious)!

I was looking to solve this since the reporting tool we're using uses the Cost Price to calculate profits.

Was just eyeballing the list with all combos but didn't realize to click the "edit-pen"!!