Tax Calculation

I have two doubts regarding tax calculation in prestashop

1. In my site customer cannot enter the address instead of it, admin will create the address. If admin created two different address which address will prestashop take for tax calculation?

2. I want to know why the tax is calculated for each quantity price not total price in prestashop?

1. In my site customer cannot enter the address instead of it, admin will create the address. If admin created two different address which address will prestashop take for tax calculation?

Well it sounds like you have customized your store for this behavior.  If a customer cannot provide an address during checkout, then how do you expect the customer to choose which address to use?

2. I want to know why the tax is calculated for each quantity price not total price in prestashop?

Because it is possible to configure different tax rules for each product.  It is also possible that the order total includes fees that are NOT taxable.

• Like 1

@bellini13 - Actually in my store there is no shipping option, customer will not chose any address, for tax calculation only address needed( that address is each center address in which customer is related) and also I want to show customer original address so finally two address customer has 1. center address 2. customer home address, I want the center address to be configured for tax. so how will I achieve this feature?

Edited by tijopromantia (see edit history)

Normally that depends on your tax settings and which address the customer chooses during checkout.   However since you have removed the ability for the customer to select an address, then Prestashop will choose the first customers address

In PS v1.6.1.17, the first customer address is located using this query

SELECT `id_address`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'address`
WHERE `id_customer` = '.(int)$id_customer.' AND `deleted` = 0'.($active ? ' AND `active` = 1' : '')