bogdan90i

Hello,

I just found out a bug i can say.

I have a prestashop 1.7.2.2 install on my server.

What happens is that i created the multistore and have 2 shops.

Ex: example.com and example2.com. If you go to the front office, they work as expected, you have 2 stores and everything is nice. The problem comes when you go to the backoffice and try to click on the link to take you to the frontoffice, like this:

https://i.imgur.com/bDpGZ9B.jpg

If i go over it, it shows the link to the frontoffice but it's the same one for both shops. And the link that it redirects be is the link that i'm logged in, in the backoffice.

For example if i'm logged in using this url http://example.com/admin, then both shop button will redirect me to the same frontoffice, meaning example.com.

And if i'm logged in, on http://example2.com, then both of the shop buttons will redirect me to http://example2.com frontoffice.

I did a fresh install for prestashop 1.7, 1.7.2.3 and 1.7.2 and all have the same behaviour.

I looked in the code and this part is making it give the same url $shop_data['uri'] which can be found under admin_folder/themes/default/template/helpers/shop_list/list.tpl

What is strange is that because of some anomaly, that i think has to do with what i just said, i'm using a module named TM - Payment CMS Block. And i selected "All Stores" and did some modifications and only the main website wish ID 1 saves the changes in the database. The second one doesn't work (keep in mind that i'm logged in as example.com, meaning this is the main website). And when i try to login to the backoffice through example2.com and edit the module, i get redirected to login again but to example.com, not example2.com.

So with this said, if there is something that needs to be asked of me, please feel free.

I will answer any question.

Thanks in advance,

Bogdan

• 5 months later...

Hello marcin_jaworski,

Thanks for the input, but the urls are setup.

As i said if i login to the backoffice though example.com, both shops in the dropdown show the example.com url.

If i login to the backoffice through example2.com, then again both shops will have the example2.com value in the dropdown.

Also there is a really strange behaviour when i am logged in to shop1 url and select for example shop1 and go to modules and change something, when i am on the module configuration page and change the store to shop2 to make modifications, it logs me out and redirects me to shop2 url backoffice to login.

12 minutes ago, tedruart said:

Hi, I have 5 shops and I have the same problem. 

I tried to find a fix, but there is none. Passing to symphony was really premature. There is a lot of module incompatibility also. For example if using paypal as payment you cannot manually change status. The fix was to create a new status of canceled. And some other modules don't work as expected.

I just decided to have 1 store/install that way.. it's partly fixed.

Hello Everyone,

I try to create multistore for my webstore and you all says you having problem in visiting your 2nd store url. If am right you all having same issue. I can help you all to counter this issue please let me authorize to access to your webstore with a temp username and password with limited access.

Send me your store temp credentials via mail or message.

Best,

Ashish Sharawat

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

prestashop-ambassador-badge.png.a2fc60e302507db9beaa7c748f39654d.png

15 minutes ago, Ashish Sharawat said:

Hello Everyone,

I try to create multistore for my webstore and you all says you having problem in visiting your 2nd store url. If am right you all having same issue. I can help you all to counter this issue please let me authorize to access to your webstore with a temp username and password with limited access.

Send me your store temp credentials via mail or message.

Best,

Ashish Sharawat

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

prestashop-ambassador-badge.png.a2fc60e302507db9beaa7c748f39654d.png

Hello,

The problem is that before 1.7 when you went to www.store1.com, you could switch between stores by the dropdown in the right top corner without the url changing, and also when you click to view front office, you would see the one you selected.

From 1.7 you can still change the store but sometimes in some categories in the backoffice it redirect you to www.store2.com (meaning that you had store2 selected in the dropdown but were in www.store1.com url).

And also from 1.7 it does not redirect you to the right front-office.

It would be good if you have a fix to post it here, so others can use it.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, bogdan90i said:

Hello,

The problem is that before 1.7 when you went to www.store1.com, you could switch between stores by the dropdown in the right top corner without the url changing, and also when you click to view front office, you would see the one you selected.

From 1.7 you can still change the store but sometimes in some categories in the backoffice it redirect you to www.store2.com (meaning that you had store2 selected in the dropdown but were in www.store1.com url).

And also from 1.7 it does not redirect you to the right front-office.

It would be good if you have a fix to post it here, so others can use it.

Thanks

Hello bogdan90i,

I understand your concern I'm ready to help each and everyone one by one but It's difficult to solve issue without analyse store I have to check is there any PrestaShop technical issue or your host issue. I try my best to solve each and every Preston issue regarding multistore switch.

Regards,

Ashish Sharawat

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I face the same problem.

Switching store in the BO, randomly change the URL to eacha shop attached url.

It is very annoying, and specially it ask to reconnect every times, even if I check the always connected checkbox.

Somebody found a patch ?

• 3 months later...

This is a bug actually. I am using Prestashop 1.7.4.2 and the problem persists. It's not a big deal, but it would be way more comfortable (and actually properly coded) to have it right.

On 29/3/2018 at 10:06 AM, Ashish Sharawat said:

Hello bogdan90i,

I understand your concern I'm ready to help each and everyone one by one but It's difficult to solve issue without analyse store I have to check is there any PrestaShop technical issue or your host issue. I try my best to solve each and every Preston issue regarding multistore switch.

Regards,

Ashish Sharawat

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

I understand that Ashish, but in this community is very difficult to really improve when everything is constantly being developed, bugs are coming and going, and you have to pay for everything. As you can see, it's a PS core related issue, so thousands of people could benefit from the solution. It's not a specific implementation, you can check it downloading the last PS version.

I have the same issue. Clicking around in the back office randomly changes the URL to my second subdomain. I have two shops, in the default group, on PS 1.7.4.2.

The funny thing is that if I click on "Categories" in the back office administration repeatedly, every click leads to the other subdomain. And everytime this URL rewrite happens the default selected "Shop", "Shop group" or "All shops" in the top right also changes.

This is real confusing and a bug that should be fixed ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, francescodim said:

I had the same problem, I solved by looking for PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS in the configuration table and I verified that one was not defined id_shop_group and id_group. I entered the right ones and then it worked.

Not working for me in Prestashop 1.7.4.3. I created a second line in database, like this:

id_configuration, id_shop_group, id_shop, name,                                        value
9,                              2,                            2,              PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS, 2

10,                             2,                            1,              PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS,  1

and the problem continues.

Edited by hoppe (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT : should be fixed in 1.7.5 version according to the forge...wait and see !

EDIT2 : just installed 1.7.5 beta 1 : problem fixed for the Back-office URL changes to 2d shop, but the links on the shop list (top right) is not corrected.

Now you know !

Original message :

Same problem here ! That's very strange to have such a bug in a brand new version after more than a year of development..

Is there anybody from the developpers group that could open seriously this bug ?

You cannot consider Prestashop as a serious and production solution if we cannot work with more than a store.

Thanks !

Edited by Turtle Wet Sports
RTFM ;-) (see edit history)

• 2 months later...