Add custom message on product page

polaije

Hi,

My problem is to add a message on product page for product referenced in a new table restrictedproduct. In this table only id_product is present.

To do the trick I have adapt (with override) the product class (product.php) like this :

added : public $restricted;

added in $definition :

'restricted' =>                 array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'shop' => true, 'validate' => 'isString'),

adapt the sql :

public static function getProducts($id_lang, $start, $limit, $order_by, $order_way, $id_category = false,
        $only_active = false, Context $context = null)
    {
  $sql = 'SELECT p.*, product_shop.*, pl.* , m.`name` AS manufacturer_name, s.`name` AS supplier_name, re.id_product As restricted
    FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p
    '.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product', 'p').'
    LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl ON (p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product` '.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('pl').')
    LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer` m ON (m.`id_manufacturer` = p.`id_manufacturer`)
    LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'supplier` s ON (s.`id_supplier` = p.`id_supplier`)'.
                ($id_category ? 'LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` c ON (c.`id_product` = p.`id_product`)' : '').
    'LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'restrictedproduct` re ON (p.`id_product` = re.`id_product`)'.
    'WHERE pl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.
                    ($id_category ? ' AND c.`id_category` = '.(int)$id_category : '').
                    ($front ? ' AND product_shop.`visibility` IN ("both", "catalog")' : '').
                    ($only_active ? ' AND product_shop.`active` = 1' : '').'
    ORDER BY '.(isset($order_by_prefix) ? pSQL($order_by_prefix).'.' : '').'`'.pSQL($order_by).'` '.pSQL($order_way).
                ($limit > 0 ? ' LIMIT '.(int)$start.','.(int)$limit : '');

}

And in Template product-addtional-info.tpl :

<div class="product-additional-info">
  {hook h='displayProductAdditionalInfo' product=$product}
  <p>iciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii {$product.restricted}
</div>

I succed to have no error in compilation but Nothing is shown for the id_product that I select in my sql.

I think that the selection is for products and not product but I cannot find the function in the class that get an individual product.

Can you help me to solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Jean-Marie

Hi,

The database field is in another table that product, that's the reason I have put an extra left join with this table. 

My concern is the sql function I modified that is getProducts (with an s) and I need only one product to be shown.

But I do'nt find any other function selecting only one product.

I saw other topics adding new function to retrieve the field but how can it be called from ?

Thanks for helping me,

Jean. 

Hi,

I finally succeed to add the message I wanted on the product page.

The getProducts function has nothing to do in the story. I added a new function like this in product.php class :

public static function getRestricted($id_product)
    {

$restricted ="";
        $sql = 'SELECT r.product_reference
    FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p
    LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'restrictedproduct` r ON (p.`id_product` = r.`id_product`)
    WHERE p.`id_product` = '.(int)$id_product.'';

$restricted = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue($sql);
        //Cache::store($restricted);
        if ($restricted !="")
  {
   $restricted="Ce produit est vendu seulement en Belgique !";
  }
  return $restricted;

} 

and I added a new call to this function in construct function :
  public function __construct($id_product = null, $full = false, $id_lang = null, $id_shop = null, Context $context = null)
    {
  $this->restricted = $this->getRestricted($id_product);

parent::__construct($id_product, $full, $id_lang , $id_shop, $context );
 }

After this just added a new div in the product_detail Template with the $restricted field.

That's it.

Jean