Prestashop 1.6 language order issue

Hi

The default front office language on prestashop is English. I can't change that to Greek, if I want.  I can only disable English.

Is there a module that can do that for me? That can change the default to Greek, and still have the other (English) available for choosing?

Thanks

Edited by eru777 (see edit history)

1. Log into your PrestaShop admin panel.

2. Navigate to Localization -> Localization

3. Scroll down to the Configuration section, then click on the arrows to the right of the section labelled Default language. Your choice of languages will depend on the language packs that you have loaded. Select your default language from the drop-down menu

4. You also need to open Localization -> Languages, disable all languages except the one you want to become the default one. And enable them again, now clear the browser cache and check your website:

5. Repeat the same actions to select the default Country and default Currency values. Note that Language and currency values depend on the localization packs that you have imported. The default country drop-down menu will list all of the countries, but the language and currency options will only be available if you have imported the localization pack.

6. Once you have selected your default values, click on the SAVE button at the far right of the screen to save your selection

7. Refresh the home page of your store to see the changes. You may also need to clear Prestashop Cache to see the changes.

Edited by ENS Enterprises (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot, it worked.

Now, for a completely different question.

Is there a way to change the backoffice language to English while retaining all that? Just curious, since it has been translated FROM English and is quite odd looking in Greek.