Google Wallet Integration - PS 1.7.2.2

chronicrd

Hi. I am looking for someone to build a Google Wallet integration for my client's PrestaShop site. The module needs to be able to load/know what the total price is and then offer a "Buy" button. Or, there needs to be some way so that the customer cannot type in their own price (like to pay less than the total price). I just need something simple that will allow a customer to checkout easily and pay with Google Wallet. Something basic, but solid.

Very serious about doing this within the next 48 hours if possible (at least starting it).

I can pay you whatever you think is fair.

$200 USD ?

Tank

Edited by chronicrd (see edit history)

I just wanted to make sure that I understood the rules correctly. They said that you must have 100+ posts to:

Post a job?

Or

To accept a job?

If I am not supposed to post here, I am very sorry. I thought that the rules meant that I could post, but nobody with less than 100+ posts could accept/respond to the job.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 1:53 PM, razaro said:

It is ok, you can post job offer. Rule is for members that respond to offers. They should be active members so that is why rule for 100+ posts.

And about your offer, if you do not get some replays try to contact 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/user/195425-bellini13/ as they are masters in payment modules.

Thanks for the information. I will contact them too.

I am unsure what the going rate would be, but I would pay whatever is needed.

We don't charge taxes, so no tax integrations would need to be made. 

We have a PrestaShop 1.7 shop. We want to add a payment module that will allow our customers to pay with Google Wallet. We would like to to work like any other payment module. So when the customer adds items to their cart and checks out, they have an option to pay with their Google Wallet. We want it to act like any other payment processing module would and work seamlessly with the back office and everything else.

I'm quite surprised to find that the original google checkout/pay module is no longer supported.  Creating a new payment module can be complex, especially the wallet type ones.  I would need to review the Google Pay API to see what services are required to implement.

$200 is on the low side for the creation of a new payment module, which takes many hours of development and testing.  Reselling the module helps to recoup those costs over time, but I'm just not sure there is much of a demand for this module.

If you are serious about paying for the creation of a new payment module, then we need to start documenting the requirements/features that the module must implement.  I would start with the bare necessity, like allowing the customer to choose an existing card or add a new one during checkout to use for order creation (I assume that is how their services work).  Refund/void/capture etc... should be considered secondary/optional features that can always be added later.  That can help to keep the cost down.

You might also consider doing something like a crowdfunding, so that you can spread the cost of the module creation across multiple merchants that would like to use this module.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 5:58 AM, bellini13 said:

I'm quite surprised to find that the original google checkout/pay module is no longer supported.  Creating a new payment module can be complex, especially the wallet type ones.  I would need to review the Google Pay API to see what services are required to implement.

$200 is on the low side for the creation of a new payment module, which takes many hours of development and testing.  Reselling the module helps to recoup those costs over time, but I'm just not sure there is much of a demand for this module.

If you are serious about paying for the creation of a new payment module, then we need to start documenting the requirements/features that the module must implement.  I would start with the bare necessity, like allowing the customer to choose an existing card or add a new one during checkout to use for order creation (I assume that is how their services work).  Refund/void/capture etc... should be considered secondary/optional features that can always be added later.  That can help to keep the cost down.

You might also consider doing something like a crowdfunding, so that you can spread the cost of the module creation across multiple merchants that would like to use this module.

Well I definitely don't want to be unfair. Not at all. I didn't mean to be disrespectful and I am sorry if the $200 came off wrong.

What about $500? 750?

There seems to be a lot of searches in the past few months for a Google Wallet checkout option. As a payment processor for high risk sites and whatnot. One of my client's sells cannabis seeds and Google Wallet is one of the only options they have and can utilize without paying ridiculous processing fees.

Also, to use Google Wallet, the customer would have to sign up or already have a Google Wallet setup in their Google account (which is pretty fast and easy). They would click "Pay With Google Wallet" and then sign into their Google Wallet Account and then choose their payment method from the payment methods they had already setup in their Google Wallet account. Google wallet only accepts Debit Cards and Checking Account Direct for payments.

I am sure you already know all this (above), but Google Wallet is totally different than the Google Checkout. Some people get confused and I believe that's one of the reasons it's so hard to get help with. 

https://developers.google.com/payments

Not sure if that helps.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Screenshot_20171106-211227.png

• 1 month later...