path of the products directory to the excludes list

prestashop-new

Hi,

We are using PrestaShop 1.6.0.14 which is running on RHEL 6 with Sophoos antivirus. The antivirus is enabled as on-access scanning.

So whenever we try to add/update Products from admin, the browser keep spinning and at the end it says server error. When we debug this then found that the Savscand is running at 100% during this period.  So after disabling the sophoos on access scan everything works perfectly with lightening speed.

So now we are in the process to add the path of the products directory to the excludes list, and re-enable on-access scanning. This will provide us the security of on-access scanning, and should allow us to work in the admin area without the product files being scanned on upload.

So what will be the Path? Please suggest.

Sounds like a general problem by your Sophos software. The path to images is /img , for product images it is /img/p . If at all - I would exlude the entire /img from scanning. Furthermore there are database writes as well. The path for the database is different and depending on your installation.

Thanks for the reply! Can we add entire admin directory in the exclude list along with img/ directory.

And "The path for the database is different and depending on your installation." 

I have used the standard installation so what will be the path for the database. any example?

I can't tell you exact solutions for your Sophos problem. I would use another setup, and if at all using sophos, just run a full scan once every 24 hours.

Your database location is depending on your servers setup. It has absolutely nothing to do with prestashop. Ask your hosting company if you are not familiar on how to determine where the files are located.