Product page not showing updated meta title

nac78

Hi,

I'm wondering why I cannot get the meta title set with the product name for any product page?
Right now every product page is showing only the name of the shop but not the name
of the product.

I understand that leaving the "Click here to improve product's rank in search engines (SEO)" > "Meta title:" blank then the title will be set automatically as the product name. But, even when I fill it, it doesn't show up when reloading the product page. What could be the problem??

- I'm using version 1.3.1
- Multilingual with 2 languages
- I have the root directory password protected (but it shouldn't affect)

Thank you for any help!

Timpet, thank you for the response, but is not a cache problem, the SEO features are not working at all. Even if I fill the meta data in the product backoffice, this information does not appear in the product page. The same happens with categories.

Only the name of the shop is set as a meta title for every page, even in category and product pages.
I understand this should be set automatically for any category and product page if its left as blank, but
why is not working at all?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey all, am using 1.4.4.1, and meta titles STILL arent working... no issues with cache, temp files either...

I have checked into the bugs for Presta, however everything I see even romotely close to this issue seemed to be either closed or solved... however it isnt...

Currently the system is showing the name of the product, however when i set the name in the Meta Title to something different, nothing changes... I have also looked at this site thru a 'clean' machine where I completely clean out all cache each time.

• 2 years later...

Hello Team, 

I have one issue in my site. My site is running properly from 2 month. But now i have one issue. My site is http://www.slmobileprice.com

, in my site Title is not showing on home page at the top ..also not in any product page (its showing like - http://slmobileprice...roller=product)while in meta title i have added full details in all products before 2 days its working properly and showing product title on the top . So please suggest me what can i do..how to fix it .please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Somit

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, am using 1.4.4.1, and meta titles STILL arent working... no issues with cache, temp files either...

I have checked into the bugs for Presta, however everything I see even romotely close to this issue seemed to be either closed or solved... however it isnt...

Currently the system is showing the name of the product, however when i set the name in the Meta Title to something different, nothing changes... I have also looked at this site thru a 'clean' machine where I completely clean out all cache each time.

Hi I reactivate this relatively old topic, but I haven't seen a solution on this forum. I have the same issue with 1.4.8.2 : no matter what I put in the meta title, it is always replaced by the name in Google results.

Can somebody help ?

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I found this topic cause I searched for a problem, where meta-titles didn't appeared on homepage and 404 page.

Clearing the IP from the "maintenance mode" tab in BO helped to solve the problem (Shop was enabled). Thank you nac78 .

Scary that this issue still exists in Prestashop 1.6.0.9. But maybe this is related to update issues.