How to get a product list inside product form?

warlocker

One of my clientes wants to avoid duplicate names. I know that some solution to do this would be complex but I had a simpler solution on mind.

My idea for this would be a foreach on form.tpl that would allow me to put every added product name as a item of a javascript array, so I could make jquery check on form.tpl to check if the "name" text input has the same content of any item of the javascript array.

But I am new to prestashop... I still do not know exactly which file, controller or class I should edit to allow me to put a {foreach} on the backend form using prestashop syntax. 

I believe its controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php but I am not sure.

I found this code as example.

$products = Product::getProducts($this->context->language->id, 0, 100);
$products_all = Product::getProductsProperties($this->context->language->id, $products);
$this->context->smarty->assign(array(
        'products' => $products_all
));

To avoid messing with existing vars I even tried to change it:

$productz = Product::getProducts($this->context->language->id, 0, 100);
$productz_all = Product::getProductsProperties($this->context->language->id, $productz);
$this->context->smarty->assign(array(
        'productz' => $productz_all
));
This dont work so far. If I put it as a function I do not have idea about how to call it on .tpl.. and if I put it inside a existing function it breaks the backend....

Could anyone please help me to make my code work? how the PHP should be? And where I should put it?

And how the foreach should be on .tpl? I saw several different examples of foreach using smarty syntax.

Thank you for your help.
Edited by warlocker (see edit history)

There are many examples on how to integrate javascript with a module or code. Just look into your modules folder. However I have doubts this will still work once you have a higher number of products. Every product would add to processing time and it could then be a show stopper.