Bug in reset password customer

rudyryle

Hi all,

i'm new in the forum.

I have a website and i finish my migration magento to prestashop.

The migration as finish well for prestashop, but the customer has no access with old password.

The website send a link to the reset session, but the reset session has expired.

but, the customer click on the link

you have an idea for me?

i search in the web but not response :(

i use prestashop 1.7.2.2

Thank you so much for your help

Rudy

Hello,

I have the same problem. How did you do the migration ?.

I have looked at these links but I have not found a solution:

if you find the solution, please write. I will do the same.

Thanks and best regards.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I updated my PS from 1.6.1.18 to 1.7.5.0 using an update module from addons. And realised that I couldn't login using my customer account. And of course, I had the same error when resetting the password, the password reset link was expiring instantly. 

I don't know if other cases are the same, but I manually copied the ps_customer database from PS1.6 to PS1.7 because I didn't want to lose some tables.

In PS1.7 I see 2 new tables in ps_customer (reset_password_token and reset_password_validity). I'm guessing that's why the link expires so soon because without this tables it can't set a value. So I manually added these 2 tables from phpmyadmin (structure->Add 1 column(s) after date_upd) with the values:

reset_password_token -> type varchar -> length 40 -> default NULL -> collation utf8_general_ci

reset_password_token -> type datetime -> default NULL

Tried the reset link, works like a charm!

Also, if a customer cannot login after the update to PS17, the solution is to copy from PS 1.6 settings.inc.php the values from 'cookie_key' and 'cookie_iv' and putting them in the new and improved app/config/parameters.php file.

And for the database, update passwd from the old length 32 to the new length 255:

update passwd -> type varchar -> length 255

And when I try to login again to my customer account it worked with the old password, I didn't need to reset the password anymore.

Hope it helps.

Edited by zanpo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

For me, the solution was this:

In my ps_configuration table, the id_shop_group and id_shop columns where NULL where the name column was 'PS_PASSWD_RESET_VALIDITY'.

This looked odd to me, so I changed both the id_shop_group and id_shop values to 1 (appropriate for my Prestashop configuration), and instantly the password reset link worked - no more expired links!