DutchCoding Prestashop Installation/Configuration Tutorials/Video

DutchCoding

Hey Guys, I will be making some simple tutorials to help out complete beginners to get started with prestashop.
Excuse my mistakes as I speak 4 languages and often pronounce a few words with different accents.

Tutorial 1: Remove / Edit Copyright/Powered by Prestashop Link in footer and center footer links

Tutorial 2: Remove the cart button (useful for languages with a large word for 'cart')

Tutorial 3: How to make a combination/add product attributes ( There is no need to make multiples of the same product for diffrent sizes, color or price).

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c6ibFIjeg

Tutorial 4: Positioning / Moving / Rearrange module blocks

Tutorial 5: Transplant / Move a module to another Hook

Tutorial 6: Change the next Invoice and Delivery slip numbers

Tutorial 7: Adding Languages

Tutorial 8: How to copy/Clone "AddStuff" Module by ecartservice.net

Tutorial 9: How to make prestashop 1.3 into a wholesale website

Tutorial 10: Remove / Edit Copyright/Powered by Prestashop Link in footer and center footer links for prestashop 1.4+

More to come,
Requests are welcome, and any tips on making these tutorials are also welcome.

Looking for requests! Anything and everything ask away!

Greetings,
DutchCoding

Thank you very mush for those video tutorials - very nice and useful. I am a newbie of prestashop (just few days) and I am having a problem to add image for product. Here is my post for this issue: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/63145/configuring___using_prestashop/can_not_upload_product_image. Would you be able to help me with it please? thanks.

DutchCoding LOT OF THANKS!

I followed your tutorial steps for cloning addstuff and works very good. I was cracking my head with this issue, I really really apreciate your help. Thank you very much!

PS: I’m going to translate this steps to spanish forum so spanish people not good in english can understand it.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/63992/discusin_general/resuelto_clonar_mdulo_addstuff

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the Prestashop installation tips / tutorials.

However, I believe there are lots of newbees who are unable to ( Or, should I say, having difficulty installing and configuring) setup a clean system installation with MYSQL and PHP installed and configured correctly for Prestashop installation for a secure system.

A detailed step by step tutorial on MYSQL and PHP on both windows and Linux is highly appreciated.

I Prefer to install APACHE, MYSQL and PHP seperately. However, if you suggest to install LAMP / WAMP server then, please explain the advantages.

Windows 7 Professional & Redhat 6.0 Enterprise server is the preferred Host OS.

BTW, Are Slackware and FreeBSD supported OS for Prestashop ? I hear that these are built with security as first criteria.

Also the tips for securing the system while configuring above software is highly appreciated.

AlphaPack

I second the vote for a tutorial about securing the installation. The hackers are smarter than we are. We don't need to worry about them learning from the tutorial, they already know the vulnerabilities.

A standard set of lock-down procedures would be very helpful.

• 4 months later...

Could the forum moderators / senior members kindly provide us with securing the installation on both windows and linux.

Moreover, as mentioned in my previous post, could someone with sufficient knowledge share the OS level configuration of the OS and database configuration please ?