import csv modify

ismtech

Hello

Thanks for taking time to read this.

I was wondering if it is possible to add extra field in the import csv feature prestashop admin. Is there any possible way i can add sub-catagory to this list of field as it would be very helpful, ad the moment there is just catagory but if I have 1 file with multiple subcatagories

At the moment there are:

ID
Active (0/1)
Name *
Categories (x,y,z...)
Price tax excl. or Price tax incl.
Tax rate
Wholesale price
On sale (0/1)
Reduction amount
Reduction per cent
Reduction from (yyyy-mm-dd)
Reduction to (yyyy-mm-dd)
Reference #
Supplier reference #
Supplier
Manufacturer
EAN13
Ecotax
Weight
Quantity
Short description
Description
Tags (x,y,z...)
Meta-title
Meta-keywords
Meta-description
URL rewrited
Text when in-stock
Text if back-order allowed
Image URLs (x,y,z...)
Feature

At the moment if I create a catagory called Accessories cat number 27

In the csv file I only have option to put this number is 27 for catagory

But if If I have Sub Catagories in Acccessories example

Headphone
Speakers
Mouse
Cable

Is it possible to add these to csv file so it is recgnised as subcataogies, because I have 1 file with all the data on with different catagories.

I know I can create sub cat in admin then add these to the csv file but this takes too long as there are many subcat

Any help or suggest where I can learn more about this will be much appreciated

Kind Regards

You don't need to add a new column. You can already specify multiple categories in the category field. Just separate the category IDs with commas. For example, "1, 2, 3" to put the product in categories 1, 2 and 3.

Hello Rocky

So If My main catagory is

Acccessories = 78

And Sub Cat are:

Speakers
Headphone
Mouse

In the csv file I can put in the catagory column:

78, Speakers

Or do I have to create the sub-cat first in prestashop admin back office

Speakers = 79
Headphone = 80
Mouse = 84

Then in the csv file put

Kind Regards

Hello Rocky

I did what you advised, although I think I did

Whats happening now is everything is going under the home catagory,

What I did was create a catagory in Home = 55

Then went into excel csv file and put a 55 in front of the subcatagories

However the subcat ended up on the home page as oppose to under the Main cat = 55 I created

What am I doing wrong please

Kind Regards

Thanks for the reply

Here is a sample file where the home page cat or main cat is set to 55

And the sub-cat are:
DVD
BLUETOOTH

etc

Like I mentioned when I tried it the way you suggested (i think i did) they all ended up on the home page i.e. dvd, bluetooth

When I wanted them under Main Cat HeadUnit = 55

Kind Regards

headunits.csv

It doesn't look right. You've gotten a "CatName" field, which I assume you are using to specify the categories and the "id" field, which I assume is the product ID, is 55 for every product. The product ID must be unique for each products and you should use the category ID in the "CatName" field.

Thank yo for the reply

So basically I need to create the sub-cat first in Backoffice and then add these manually to the file?
In that case I just put in the sub cat id- this is what I'm doing now making the sub cat then using the sub cat id in the file.

However, isnt there a way when I import in back office using tools and import, prestashop can create the sub-cat from the file instead of me creating them individually,

So I can have 1 column where I put my main cat = 55

Then have another column with text inside I can select as the sub-catagories - then have prestashop create these sub-cat and load the products accordingly.

At the moment it creates everything and send it to the home page.

As this is sample file - other files include over 60 different sub cat in each file and I have several of these so makes things difficult.

From my understanding - this can be solved if can find a way of adding 1 more field in the import products section for sub-cat

Hope i'm making sense if not please tell me - Sunday morning ive still not fully woken up

Kind Regards

Apparently, PrestaShop does have the option to create categories automatically by specifying the category name as you have, but I've read others topics with the same problem of everything going in to the Home category. That's why I suggest that you avoid using that feature and instead create a separate category CSV and import that before importing the products. It seems to be more reliable.

• 2 months later...

Hi Rocky,
I see you understand csv uploading. I am having some trouble with uploading the Tax rate column
Each time I add a product it adds up to 3 more tax levels per item. (in BO Payment taxes) I am up to 126 levels.
My tax is item 1, NAME IVA 18% Rate 18.00, I have tried different things in the “Tax rate” column, including
“1” this added 3 more levels at 1% Item code Nº
18 this added 3 more levels at 18%
18% this added 3 more levels at 0%
IVA 18% this added 3 more levels at 0%
Every time I add an item using csv it also adds NEW tax rates . Every thing else adds ok
can anyone help I cant find anything on this in the forum

Hi Rocky,
Yes I have tried that and it works ok but it also adds 3 new tax codes IDs, in BO Payments taxes, for each product and if I delete one of the codes the product then shows no tax. I want to load 20 thousand items to the site that would give me 60 thousand tax codes. That would be very complicated when the government changes the tax rate again. Could there be something wrong with mu PS program ? everything else seems to work well

• 2 years later...