theDoris

Two shops One DB it is possible?

Hi all,

I need to have two different PS installation and only one DB, same for both installation.

Why?

Because I have few extra modules and they override same function, there is no possibility to merg it. My idea is that to make few installation but user must be logged in all shops using one password.

Hi all,

I need to have two different PS installation and only one DB, same for both installation.

Why?

Because I have few extra modules and they override same function, there is no possibility to merg it. My idea is that to make few installation but user must be logged in all shops using one password.

All is possible, but this wouldn't be a good idea.

Two shops on the same database is not an issue at all. Multishop works this way. But your real question is quite different from your topic title. One database can only work with out source code from prestashop. So the simple answer is no.

You could not as scully stated have two installations with two shops unless you enable native PrestaShop Multishop.  You could try to hire  it out but anyone that tries what you want do not know what they are doing. lol

another option possible is  my multishop module here

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-geo-localization-solutions/prestashop-multistore-multishop-pro

El Patron, to clarify: it just leads to many issues trying to have two installations with one db. Example? Data from installed modules are partially stored in the database. As soon as you try to have a different setup with modules, you run into troubles. Why? Prestashop gathers its data from installed modules from the database.

So the full answer is:

Yes, it is possible as long as the installation and setup is more or les 1:1 identical. Having this said, a second shop doesn't make sense.

No, it is not possible to have different or more/less/other modules running.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

El Patron, to clarify: it just leads to many issues trying to have two installations with one db. Example? Data from installed modules are partially stored in the database. As soon as you try to have a different setup with modules, you run into troubles. Why? Prestashop gathers its data from installed modules from the database.

So the full answer is:

Yes, it is possible as long as the installation and setup is more or les 1:1 identical. Having this said, a second shop doesn't make sense.

No, it is not possible to have different or more/less/other modules running.

I agree 100% with you.   This person should look at native prestashop multishop...happy day

I want to have same module in both shops, now I think second shop could be hidden not visible I need just make work one more module, now it is impossible because other module have same override classes and functions.

Create a multishop and modify these overrides so that one store executes one function and the other store the other function.

I mean:

function overrideOriginalFunction() {
    if ($shop == 1) {
        $this->overrideOriginalFunction1();
    } elseif ($shop == 2) {
        $this->overrideOriginalFunction2();
    }
}
Edited by joseantgv (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I think that it is impossible .

your requirements to login user at the same time on 2 shops - you have to develop custom modules for it.

in theory it is possible but requires a lot of customization.

Hi,

I want to make a second Presta webshop for B2B reseller customers, for same products, stocs and different prices.

How can I made this? Someone has same problem? 

Somehow to separate the ordering system of B2B customes from normal orders.

I don't want to pay affiliate marketing commision for existing customers.

Right now I have group discounts, but this is not a good solutions.

thanks

11 hours ago, ronniee said:

Hi,

I want to make a second Presta webshop for B2B reseller customers, for same products, stocs and different prices.

How can I made this? Someone has same problem? 

Somehow to separate the ordering system of B2B customes from normal orders.

I don't want to pay affiliate marketing commision for existing customers.

Right now I have group discounts, but this is not a good solutions.

thanks

Do you mean this? http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Managing+Multiple+Shops

• Like 1