Two shops One DB it is possible?

theDoris

Hi all,

I need to have two different PS installation and only one DB, same for both installation.

Why?

Because I have few extra modules and they override same function, there is no possibility to merg it. My idea is that to make few installation but user must be logged in all shops using one password.

Hi all,

I need to have two different PS installation and only one DB, same for both installation.

Why?

Because I have few extra modules and they override same function, there is no possibility to merg it. My idea is that to make few installation but user must be logged in all shops using one password.

All is possible, but this wouldn't be a good idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You could not as scully stated have two installations with two shops unless you enable native PrestaShop Multishop.  You could try to hire  it out but anyone that tries what you want do not know what they are doing. lol

another option possible is  my multishop module here

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-geo-localization-solutions/prestashop-multistore-multishop-pro

El Patron, to clarify: it just leads to many issues trying to have two installations with one db. Example? Data from installed modules are partially stored in the database. As soon as you try to have a different setup with modules, you run into troubles. Why? Prestashop gathers its data from installed modules from the database.

So the full answer is:

Yes, it is possible as long as the installation and setup is more or les 1:1 identical. Having this said, a second shop doesn't make sense.

No, it is not possible to have different or more/less/other modules running.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

El Patron, to clarify: it just leads to many issues trying to have two installations with one db. Example? Data from installed modules are partially stored in the database. As soon as you try to have a different setup with modules, you run into troubles. Why? Prestashop gathers its data from installed modules from the database.

So the full answer is:

Yes, it is possible as long as the installation and setup is more or les 1:1 identical. Having this said, a second shop doesn't make sense.

No, it is not possible to have different or more/less/other modules running.

I agree 100% with you.   This person should look at native prestashop multishop...happy day

Create a multishop and modify these overrides so that one store executes one function and the other store the other function.

I mean:

function overrideOriginalFunction() {
    if ($shop == 1) {
        $this->overrideOriginalFunction1();
    } elseif ($shop == 2) {
        $this->overrideOriginalFunction2();
    }
}
Edited by joseantgv (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I want to make a second Presta webshop for B2B reseller customers, for same products, stocs and different prices.

How can I made this? Someone has same problem? 

Somehow to separate the ordering system of B2B customes from normal orders.

I don't want to pay affiliate marketing commision for existing customers.

Right now I have group discounts, but this is not a good solutions.

thanks

11 hours ago, ronniee said:

Hi,

I want to make a second Presta webshop for B2B reseller customers, for same products, stocs and different prices.

How can I made this? Someone has same problem? 

Somehow to separate the ordering system of B2B customes from normal orders.

I don't want to pay affiliate marketing commision for existing customers.

Right now I have group discounts, but this is not a good solutions.

thanks

Do you mean this? http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Managing+Multiple+Shops

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My prestashop will not upgrade, it says something like 3 days when try.

So i wanted to try a new version of prestashop and link it to data base

If that works i will try to upgrade prestashop for my store.

Issue is i have thousands of products

10 hours ago, pyrotech said:

My prestashop will not upgrade, it says something like 3 days when try.

So i wanted to try a new version of prestashop and link it to data base

If that works i will try to upgrade prestashop for my store.

Issue is i have thousands of products

That is not the way to do it. Every Prestashop version has its own database structure. If you put a new PS version on an older database you will get errors like missing fields.

Make instead a copy of both the files and the database and experiment with that.

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2017 at 4:47 AM, El Patron said:

I agree 100% with you.   This person should look at native prestashop multishop...happy day

Hello El Patron,

I know the thread is old, but I still have a question, presuming that Presta technology advanced in the meantime

Is it possible to have a single stock database, and to give front ends to different people, so they can make their own marketing and promo ?

That means multiple online shops that have the same products

6 hours ago, tardisbt said:

Hello El Patron,

I know the thread is old, but I still have a question, presuming that Presta technology advanced in the meantime

Is it possible to have a single stock database, and to give front ends to different people, so they can make their own marketing and promo ?

That means multiple online shops that have the same products

Hi, see ja marketplace, we had good success with this for another client.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/marketplace-creation/18656-ja-marketplace.html

Thank you for your response, but i have a different need. I have the warehouse with the products, and I want to give an online solution to different clients of mine, so they can have their own business based on my products.

So I need to have admin on the products, stock and prices, they must be able to market their online store, promote and sustain.

Every sell they make come to me, I arrange the package, the delivery and so on. So they have a real online business, without having contact with the merchandise.

I hope i was a bit clearer this time :)

23 hours ago, tardisbt said:

Thank you for your response, but i have a different need. I have the warehouse with the products, and I want to give an online solution to different clients of mine, so they can have their own business based on my products.

So I need to have admin on the products, stock and prices, they must be able to market their online store, promote and sustain.

Every sell they make come to me, I arrange the package, the delivery and so on. So they have a real online business, without having contact with the merchandise.

I hope i was a bit clearer this time :)

I think you need to investigate ja marketplace more thoroughly including contacting developer to ask if this will work for your requirements, I think it might.