error 500 after moving from local host to live server

Hi

I receive error 500 after moving my prestashop 1.7 test site from local host to live server.

the error log shows the below error.

Warning: include(/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/../symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 440

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/../symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 440

Fatal error: Class 'Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem' not found in /home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/config/bootstrap.php on line 50

Hi

I receive error 500 after moving my prestashop 1.7 test site from local host to live server.

the error log shows the below error.

Warning: include(/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/../symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 440

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/../symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 440

Fatal error: Class 'Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem' not found in /home/myhost/public_html/prestashop/config/bootstrap.php on line 50

Are the paths exactly the same from local to live? It looks like something may be hardcoded in the paths and its causing 404's

How can I check if something may be hardcoded in the paths?

Open the respective file and search for the paths. Or use grep with the following syntax:

grep -rnw '/shop_root_folder/' -e 'path_to_search_for'

And by the way - it is usually not a very good idea to start developing of a new shop on a local machine. Why?

First of all you have to move the server. This might cause troubles like your errors which indicate missing files.  But not only  -  you might have a different setting in terms of PHP versions, PHP settings, database and so one. In one word: All you might have tested on a local server can behave different on your live server.

• 4 months later...