How to offer free shipping for certain carrier if cart price is more than X ?

BlackEdition

Hi,

Im a little bit confused about something that I need help with. I have 4 carriers available to my customers and each one has a different cost. Let's say the prices are as follows:

- First carrier cost $5 (default carrier)

- Second carrier cost $10

- Third carrier cost $15

- Fourth carrier cost $20

- Please note that I charge a flat rate for shipping no matter what the weight is, so I won't be using weights in my store.

I want to improve sales by offering free shipping only for the first carrier if the cart amount is X (let's say $100).

I know about the option "Free shipping starts at" in Shipping>Preferences, but if I do it that way then it would be applied to all carriers I have available which is something I don't want.

Im not really sure how to make this work. What would be the best way to approach this? do I achieve this by using cart rules or what exactly? does Prestashop 1.7.2.2 even support this by default or do I have to modify some files/codes or buy a module for it? Im very lost and I don't want to buy and install an extra module for that. Having too much modules makes it hard to manage/update and fix any related problems in the store. I also spent enough money on just 3 modules that I already bought, which is becoming too expensive for a small business.

Thanks

Edited by BlackEdition (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It does, Price rules and cart rules will allow you to set shipping free over a certain amount.

We use a coupon code to make it easy, by default it's shown in the cart so if they go over 100$ usd they can use the free shipping coupon or any coupon for that matter.

It does, Price rules and cart rules will allow you to set shipping free over a certain amount.

We use a coupon code to make it easy, by default it's shown in the cart so if they go over 100$ usd they can use the free shipping coupon or any coupon for that matter.

Thanks!

Can you please explain how to do that? I want to choose carrier X to be free if cart amount is over X. Which steps should I do?

I also want free shipping to be applied automatically without using coupons, because it's an offer I would like all customers to get. If someone pays for the order but forgets to apply the free shipping coupon then they contact us after asking for the discount...this would be a hassle to deal with.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry i didn't see this topic before,

you choose carrier in carrier page, step 3 and be careful it has a bad pagination.

Column on the left: you choose region and price for delivery, on top of region column you choose the range for paid delivery; on the right column you set region price to 0 and on top you set the range for free delivery.

sorry for late reply,

NicholasIT

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nicolas, Because I have the same problem with the "Black Edition" and I don't want to spend so much money to buy a module, can you explain more analytic how to do that. Please it will very helpful if you can upload images with all the steps. Thanks in advance.   

I forgot to mention that I have the version 1.6.1.11. 

Edited by theofanis (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I need the same feature as BlackEdition .. that only some carriers get hit by free delivery - and others don't (or other carriers just get lowered instead of being totally free).

How would I configure this, when using 1.7.5.1?

58 minutes ago, Stickybit said:

Hi everyone

I need the same feature as BlackEdition .. that only some carriers get hit by free delivery - and others don't (or other carriers just get lowered instead of being totally free).

How would I configure this, when using 1.7.5.1?

Hi, did you read the previous posts? there are 2 ways explained in this thread.

Did you read my post? :-)

I would like to configure PrestaShop .. not spend 100$ on a module that does something that others manged by configuration. I'm using version 1.7.5.1, which is a never version, than the one than the one NicolasIT did screenshots from. In version 1.7.5.1 .. carriers intervals looks like this:

Carrier.png

1 hour ago, Stickybit said:

Did you read my post? :-)

I would like to configure PrestaShop .. not spend 100$ on a module that does something that others manged by configuration. I'm using version 1.7.5.1, which is a never version, than the one than the one NicolasIT did screenshots from. In version 1.7.5.1 .. carriers intervals looks like this:

Carrier.png

It's the same thing my friend. All you have to do is change the option in Billing to According to total price. and then click on Add new range below the tables.

I haven't tested this because I already bought a module that handles it for me, but this clearly works as mentioned by SectioPrima.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2019 at 8:33 AM, BlackEdition said:

It's the same thing my friend. All you have to do is change the option in Billing to According to total price. and then click on Add new range below the tables.

I haven't tested this because I already bought a module that handles it for me, but this clearly works as mentioned by SectioPrima.

You are quite right .. my bad. It works like a charm. 😁

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ha guy's my name is Erik, I m facing a problem on the prestashop 1.7.6, I thought I put everything fine, but now I see that on the basket there is a line who says

Unfortunately, there are no carriers available for your delivery address.

Anyone an idea?

thanks!