Shipping Problem: Always shows Free Shipping on Top Cart Block

harun272

Hi,

I think this is a major issue.

When you visit the site as a guest and add some item to cart it always shows Free shipping on the top cart block.

If you login as a registered customer it shows correct shipping costs.

I can understand if it shows "shipping will be calculated according to your country" or will be calculated when you register/login, etc"

Customers say "you show free shipping but when I register and login I see a shipping cost"

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

There is no good solution for this issue, but I can suggest a few bad ones: 

1) Don't allow guest check-out

2) By default it is always shown first carrier, so if your first carrier is paid, buyers will see price instead of free

3) Get a custom developed module, that does not allow to browse your store before visitor selects his country similarly like some websites ask for your age. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We solved this with our localized visitor shipping commander module sometime ago.

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/geo-localization/prestashop-shipping-commander

you may also be interested in a slimmed down version found here on addon's.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/delivery-tracking/42233-visitor-shipping-assurance.html

Both modules work with or without our Geo Targeting Pro module:

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/geo-localization/geo-targeting-pro-price-by-country

note both shipping assurance modules work if you only send to one country or many.

happy selling, el

38 minutes ago, MrViper said:

Any solution free?

Not to my knowledge and we are the only developers that addressed this issue...it's tricky business six  months to write/test...so cannot offer free. 

did you search for 'free' solution?   There are different hacks people have come up with to suppress free shipping for non-logged but that is not most perfect solution either.  You can search for those and see if they work for you.

Yeah but it's less than ideal as it sort of tells the customer that is how it's going to be shipped. What I do is just edit the CartPresenter.php file, /src/Adapter/Presenter/Cart/CartPresenter and replace the 'Free' with 'To be determined'. 

It just means you need to redo this after an update, but until prestashop offers a proper solution this works for me.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

One fix to remove the text 'Shipping: Free' when a visitor adds an item to his cart is: In the admin, edit your 'free' carrier option, on the "Size, weight, and group access" page, untick the box next to "Visitor".

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

There is no free solution out-of-the-box. I HAVE SOLVED the problem creating a new carrier and applied it just to "Visitors" or "Guests" and put a fixed price for all countries. Althought it doesn't show the correct and final price, when the user is logged he needs to calculate the shipping anyway with his correct ZIP code. Obvioulsy it will be different.