Can not find old Analytics tag.

jmac00

Hello and thanks if you are reading this.

I am trying to completly remove an old google analytics tag to set a new one.

I am using 1.6.1.10, I configured the modules with my new account data and I can see results of analytics. But using the tag assistant with google chrome I see two tags, mine and still the old one.

Now I am at the point that I have completly removed any google analytic related  module, and searched and deleted for any script that can contains related code for try remove the old ID tag.

After that I have used the grep command like this in the root folder of the shop:

grep -H -r "UA-" /home/xxx/xxxxxx.com/

And changing "UA-" to any other string related to what still appears in all html pages in the bottom body of my page

<script>// <![CDATA[   (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){   (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),   m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)   })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');       ga('create', 'UA-xxxxxxx-3', 'auto');

ga('send', 'pageview');

// ]]></script>

There is no result in any of the searchs using "grep" so I guess should be removed, but when I check with Tag Assistant is still the code with old ID UA-xx...

How it can be possible? Some cache? I have manually deleted smarty cache and recompiled using the option inside prestashop.

The only possible way I have find to remove the old tag is changing from pos_simplicity theme I am using to default-bootstrap theme, if I change to pos_simplicity1, 2, 3, 4... or pos_veneno3 it still appears the old tag.

I have been searching carefully inside themes folder and I can not find any google code related.

Where it can be located?

FOUNDED. IT WAS LOCATED LIKE A HTML CODE INSERTED NEXT TO THE COPYRIGHT STATIC FOOTER. IT SEEMS THIS PORTIONS OF CODE ARE TRANSLATED SO YOU CAN NOT FIND THEM LIKE TEXT IN ANY FULE. SORRY FOR THE UNUSEFULL TOPIC.

Edited by masana (see edit history)