vekia

[module] account activation by email - double opt-in signup | PrestaShop 1.7 / 1.6 / 1.5

account activation by email

if you're looking for a feature to create double opt-in singup process in your shop - this is the right choice.

When your customer will create an account in your shop it will be disabled by default.

Customer will receive email message with activation link. To fully activate account it will be necessary to click on the activation link that customer will receive.

module is ready to work with PrestaShop 1.7 / 1.6 / 1.5

more informations about this addon you can find on official page here:
activate account with link

activate-account-prestashop-link.png

activate-customer-account-with-email-lin

account-activation-confirmation-link.png

Hi Vekia, 

I have tested a free module to send notification to new customer after registration but i'm facing a lot of issue with this module, one of this issue is that When new user adds items to the Cart and Checkout. After Activation by mail. the Cart is emptied. 

I'm ready to buy this module in case I will not face the same issue.

Is your module keep items on cart( case if user choose products first and then register and activate his account) ? 

3 minutes ago, kassimi.hn said:

Hi Vekia, 

I have tested a free module to send notification to new customer after registration but i'm facing a lot of issue with this module, one of this issue is that When new user adds items to the Cart and Checkout. After Activation by mail. the Cart is emptied. 

I'm ready to buy this module in case I will not face the same issue.

Is your module keep items on cart( case if user choose products first and then register and activate his account) ? 

hello

It will behave in the same way as prestashop behaves by default.
I mean, module to activate from my offer uses this option: https://i.imgur.com/5VXkJuo.png (available under menu item: preferences > customers in back office)

So,

if in context of your store the option i mentioned is set to "remember" cart - module will remember cart too.
if in context of your store the option is "disabled" - module will not remember cart

Hello Vekia,

and what about the guest orders. Are they allowed to make orders if they do not activate their accounts with the link in their mails?

Hello vekia

I´m trying to create a link on the welcome email sent by prestashop to activate the account after customer clicks it.

I only need the link, the code to read it and change the active status on customer´s table, to activate the account, can you point me in the right direction?

Best regards

Edited by PCQUATRO (see edit history)

On 9/14/2019 at 1:40 PM, PCQUATRO said:

Hello vekia

I´m trying to create a link on the welcome email sent by prestashop to activate the account after customer clicks it.

I only need the link, the code to read it and change the active status on customer´s table, to activate the account, can you point me in the right direction?

Best regards

I managed to do it using the email sent by prestashop on each new registration, just added some code on the customerpersister.php to pass me a link variable to the account.html, put the link there, than created a new php file to execute the link and activate the customer with a mysqli command (couldn´t use internal prestashop Db::getInstance()->execute($sql))...