Newbie Prestashop User with some probably very dumb questions *apologies

DCS4U

Hi Guys, Im fairly new to Prestshop so I'll try and punch through the background details as quickly as I can.  Im a very small, early start up company that is using Prestashop for product re-distribution.  Now I have my head around how it all works but I have a few queries around the page layout configuration, so apologies if this is in the wrong area, please point me in the right direction :)

1) In the footer under information, how can I change what is available, ie 'About Us', 'Delivery', 'T's & C's, etc?

2) The left navigation panel, can I take out the information bar? And have it so that just 'categories', 'manufactures' and 'viewed products' are there?

3) As I set up my products I assigned suppliers to each one so that I can see who has supplied me with each product, I have since realised now that my customers can search by my suppliers and see where Im re-distributing from, can this function be hidden?

4) I need to change the footer 'store information' to 'company information' as Im not technically a store, not a real store with premises anyway, so would rather it say 'registered address'

5) When you look at the products page sometimes when there are only sub categories and no products to show, it says on the top right 'there are no products to show in this category'.  Can this be removed?

7) Why is it the product pages can show the category heading more than once, the main heading that I create and then it duplicates the heading in a just a text form underneath it? Obviously, with multiple headings it can look a bit repetitive? 

Im sorry if this all seems very remedial questions, it feels like it from even just reading some of the other forum posts, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe Im missing a bigger picture somewhere lol

#Prestapeace ! 

post-1440162-0-40913600-1505327524_thumb.jpg

1) In the footer under information, how can I change what is available, ie 'About Us', 'Delivery', 'T's & C's, etc?

Preferences > CMS in the back office

2) The left navigation panel, can I take out the information bar? And have it so that just 'categories', 'manufactures' and 'viewed products' are there?

You manage this in the cmsblock module, under the "Left Block" section

3) As I set up my products I assigned suppliers to each one so that I can see who has supplied me with each product, I have since realised now that my customers can search by my suppliers and see where Im re-distributing from, can this function be hidden?

I believe this is the "Suppliers block" module.  You can disable or uninstall it to see if it removes the function you are referring to.

4) I need to change the footer 'store information' to 'company information' as Im not technically a store, not a real store with premises anyway, so would rather it say 'registered address'

This is the module "blockcontactinfos".  You can either change the title in the modules template, but the better way is to use the Translation feature in the back office.

Localization > Translations page in the back office

5) When you look at the products page sometimes when there are only sub categories and no products to show, it says on the top right 'there are no products to show in this category'.  Can this be removed?

You would have to customize the template for the category page.  An alternative is to configure the block layered module so that it shows all products from all sub-categories.

Hey, thank you so much, this gives me a start to go on and as I concluded these were very dumb questions but kudos to you for taking the time to answer!

In regards to the last question, I meant more how can I make it that it doesnt display 'there are no categories in this section'?  I have been told that its misleading???

I believe this is the "Suppliers block" module.  You can disable or uninstall it to see if it removes the function you are referring to.

I have disabled and uninstalled the suppliers block module, yet my site still displays 'suppliers' under the site map?

Edited by DCS4U (see edit history)

This is the module "blockcontactinfos".  You can either change the title in the modules template, but the better way is to use the Translation feature in the back office.

I dont understand this part? In the footer where it has the header 'Store Information' and then underneath my registered address, its not the address information I need to change but the header 'Store Information', I want it to read 'Registered Address' ?

I dont understand this part? In the footer where it has the header 'Store Information' and then underneath my registered address, its not the address information I need to change but the header 'Store Information', I want it to read 'Registered Address' ?

Understood, let me try to clarify

The Title "Store Information" is produced by the module "blockcontactinfos".  Inside that module is a template that contains the title.

\themes\default-bootstrap\modules\blockcontactinfos\blockcontactinfos.tpl

<h4>{l s='Store Information' mod='blockcontactinfos'}</h4>

Now you can change that template file to

<h4>{l s='Registered Address' mod='blockcontactinfos'}</h4>

However this file is part of the theme.  If you change this file, and then later update the theme, or install a new theme, then you will lose your change, and it will revert to 'Store Information'

So the better route is to use Prestashops translation feature to translate "Store Information" to "Registered Address"

Understood, let me try to clarify

The Title "Store Information" is produced by the module "blockcontactinfos".  Inside that module is a template that contains the title.

\themes\default-bootstrap\modules\blockcontactinfos\blockcontactinfos.tpl

<h4>{l s='Store Information' mod='blockcontactinfos'}</h4>

Now you can change that template file to

<h4>{l s='Registered Address' mod='blockcontactinfos'}</h4>

However this file is part of the theme.  If you change this file, and then later update the theme, or install a new theme, then you will lose your change, and it will revert to 'Store Information'

So the better route is to use Prestashops translation feature to translate "Store Information" to "Registered Address"

Amazing! That worked, thank you :)

This can be configured in the "Google Sitemap" module

I cant find a Google Sitemap module ????