Catastrophic

A-Z Hosting

Looking at the topics in the forum, banging my head from my current install, not seeing any answers to major issues, nobody chiming in from Prestashop. Bruno WTF man?  Is Prestashop 1.7 the end?  How long can I stick with the 1.6 fork?  Cause I can NOT install another 1.7 and expect to actually make money.  End users are hating it and so are we.

When can we expect some improvements? You're at 1.7.2 and still haven't fixed any of the major issues from the alpha.  Lets go back to a more stable 1.4 and start over maybe.  Here's an old favorite that is now showing up again with a 500 error from clicking on import.

[Wed Sep 13 03:54:56.668833 2017] [:error] [pid 19481:tid 139942680045312] [client 162.252.6.241:64452] PHP Fatal error:  Class '' not found in /home/xxxxx/sssss.com/classes/cache/Cache.php on line 131

The list is huge, but I posted that one just to give the thread a purpose.

• Like 1

Well, you have surely also read the other topics, from not developers, but users...

Stay with PS 1.6. This version is stable and working nearly bugfree for SELLERS.... and skip one major version. Wait for PS 1.8. which hopefully will be symfony 100% and not a mix of smarty and symfony not compatible toghether as PS 1.7. is.

Summarized:

PS 1.7. version = version for to play, version for developers but not for sellers.

PS 1.6. version = version for to use in production, version for seller.

• Like 2

That's a fix of course. I'm sure you're aware of how hard it is to explain to a seller that you're going to install a 1.6 store for them, because 1.7 is a developer only version. Then try to explain that there is no upgrade path.  They frown a little when you tell them you're installing a Dead End.  First thing out of their mouth is the word Magento. 

Now I'm even worried that there won't be an upgrade path from 1.7 > 1.8 if they are throwing out Smarty completely.  What was so wrong with Smarty?  I kind of liked it. Though I haven't dug into symphony yet, aside what I read from error messages.

Oh you mean I was going to be the first!  According to the forums here many are trying to. I was trying to, and hopefully still am.  I just could NOT get this customer to understand. "It's 1.7.2 and says it's stable. If you can't handle the job maybe I should find someone else."  You know the routine.  Mostly the issues so far are things seller wouldn't notice, though the developer would. Inability to import, inability to 1-click upgrade, various other nasty quirks that cause migraines.  Then last night what set me off was one the seller would notice, pagination in backend categories doesn't work and you have to set it to view 1000 so you don't actually need to paginate. I mean come on that's a query issue not a template engine issue.

But yes the impression is that it is being used in production.  I would go back to 1.6 but can't justify it since there is no upgrade path.  Just can't see charging a customer thousands to build a store that has no future without a complete overhaul.  Magento did the same with their 1.9 so can't really expect them not to do the same again either.  Perhaps the days of free opensource ecommerce one can rely on has come to an end.  

Bye the bye, has anybody actually used PS1.7 as a real online shop ??

I don't know. I'm seeing several PS 1.7.  (new)shops in production. Well I'm not a developer, I'm simply a careful user and even when a new major version is out, than I make an upgrade on a cloned shop and try it out before I go online. It's my money and my responsibility for to give out a page which is working to my customers.

Then try to explain that there is no upgrade path. 

This is not truth. 1-click-upgrade Module version 3.0 is ready for to upgrade older versions to PS 1.7. I also tried it out. It works, but I will not release a not working shop to my customers. This is simply your own choice, or let it say the best decision.

AND here also applies old wisdom: never change a running system (if not really needed)!!

This is not truth. 1-click-upgrade Module version 3.0 is ready for to upgrade older versions to PS 1.7. I also tried it out. It works, but I will not release a not working shop to my customers. This is simply your own choice, or let it say the best decision.

And will still be 100% incompatible with 1.6 theming. Thus a whole new look and feel must be built and charged for.  That is once the 1-click finally works and can read md5 files.  Right now I can't even upgrade 1.7.2.1 to 1.7.2.2 running the latest stable 1 click version.  And no I won't be relasing a non working shop either. That's why I've been on the forums. ;-) 

AND here also applies old wisdom: never change a running system (if not really needed)!!

This is a new build. Only thing I am changing is a Miva Merchant store from 1999. I guess technically the old one is still running, but sure looks like a 90s build and hasn't had many orders because of it.

This is a new build. Only thing I am changing is a Miva Merchant store from 1999. I guess technically the old one is still running, but sure looks like a 90s build and hasn't had many orders because of it.

And than you will "upgrade" to another one not working ??? Stay with PS 1.6.

Upgrade with 1-click module is working unless you deinstall all extra non-native modules and theme before upgrade.

For upgrade PS 1.7.2.1. to PS 1.7.2.2 with module version 3 I had no problems (just done few minutes ago). Perhaps a server configuration problem ? As you can see with the version 3 of the module I upgraded the shop from 1.7.1.0 till latest version 1.7.2.2 in stages when new version was available without any problems.

I'm hosting myself and not using pre-installed packages. Shop now is running under php 5.6.30, I'm working on new server set-up at the moment with php 7.0 and other OS, but not yet ready - struggling with php 7.0/ngnix configuration.

post-741527-0-82368300-1505334343_thumb.png

post-741527-0-64460100-1505334351_thumb.png

Looking at the topics in the forum, banging my head from my current install, not seeing any answers to major issues, nobody chiming in from Prestashop. Bruno WTF man?  Is Prestashop 1.7 the end?  How long can I stick with the 1.6 fork?  Cause I can NOT install another 1.7 and expect to actually make money.  End users are hating it and so are we.

When can we expect some improvements? You're at 1.7.2 and still haven't fixed any of the major issues from the alpha.  Lets go back to a more stable 1.4 and start over maybe.  Here's an old favorite that is now showing up again with a 500 error from clicking on import.

[Wed Sep 13 03:54:56.668833 2017] [:error] [pid 19481:tid 139942680045312] [client 162.252.6.241:64452] PHP Fatal error:  Class '' not found in /home/xxxxx/sssss.com/classes/cache/Cache.php on line 131

The list is huge, but I posted that one just to give the thread a purpose.

because you cannot solve fatal error how do we know this is issue with native PrestaShop or you have issue with server or make some change.  This is especially true for you as this error as it seems to have historical memory for you.

For you list of issues, have you  looked in forge and/or created forge tickets for issues you have identified?

I always felt this community was about helping other community members but also to help make PrestaShop better.  If you have bug you want to report the please open a forge report.  

If you are willing to stay on topic, i.e. on your fatal error and work to solution I'm happy to participate and even if necessary access your shop and review.  Note: we have had great success upgrading/testing/developing in 1.7.  

happy prestashopping