Your database and the sample data database versions are different. Yours:1.6.1.16 -> Sample: 1.6.1.4

ilvsportfoto

Hy,

I finally managed to put online my local prestashop test site.

Prestashop installed: 1.6.1.16  (i see now it is 1.6.1.17)

But the template is buggy from the live demo.

Here is my website (in test for now to see if i can use that):

http://www.centrulbms2.ilvphoto.ro/

and from here i took the template:

Demo Preview for Free PrestaShop 1.6 Template PrestaShop Theme #51683

There are some things different. I see css issues and modules that don't appear.

I did all they asked to install the prestashop then the database from a clear install.

When loading the sample data, after almost 15 minutes of loading i had that error:

Your database and the sample data database versions are different. Your database version: 1.6.1.16 Sample data database version: 1.6.1.4

I put an image to see all the messages.

Should i try to install the older version 1.6.1.4? When i did that install, the 1.6.16 was last stable version (PrestaShop v1.6.1.16 Stable). I don't understand why a lower number is the latest, but after upload date, i thought that is the good road.

Can somebody help with a solution to that? I still don't know what modules are missing, it is kind of hard to understand how to activate and move to positions because they don't move at selection... and if this not working, i must abandon prestashop.

I don't want that because i see it has good features and can be a good solution for me but...

Thank you

post-1439076-0-72055300-1505057186_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Because i've installed themes from different places and that is the only one almost worked.

And the error is from prestashop. Are so version specific the installations that don't work with different versions like i said above?

I was taking all the steps from installation guide for new themes and haven't been able to install a new template without having themes messed up. I also tried installing new prestashop few times with only default things and importing a theme with no good result. I know it could be my fault, but i've found no solutions to this problems at all searches and still struggling to figure them out ;-(

Being a beginner in prestashop, i want to know if i can use it or not.

I asked them too and wait for their answer. But having so much time in answers it is not helpful.

Thank you