Order Status Changing take a long time

changing status should happen instantly so I highly suspect you have 3rd party module that handles  the status change and possible communicates via api.

You can quickly test if this is the case (1.6 example) back office-->advanced parms-->peformance page.  On this page you have two options,  1) disable 3rd  party modules 2) disable overrides.

Try disabled 2) first and then test.  if no change disabled 1)......here we are just trying to narrow down where issue is.....note: make sure to re-enable these after testing.

please post back here results.

happy selling

As an big expection I don't agree with El Patron for the abovie post. A gateway error is usually caused by some faulty NGINX settings.

Posting the exact error message might help to determine the cause.

Also checking the weberservers error logfile gives important clues in many situations.

I suspect this is related to sending over emails, but it could be so many other things, like another module trying to do something when you update order status.

The first thing I would try is to disable sending of emails (back office > advanced parameters > email) and then try again

The second thing I would try is to disable non-ps modules (back office > advanced parameters > performance) and then try again

• Like 2

changing status should happen instantly so I highly suspect you have 3rd party module that handles  the status change and possible communicates via api.

You can quickly test if this is the case (1.6 example) back office-->advanced parms-->peformance page.  On this page you have two options,  1) disable 3rd  party modules 2) disable overrides.

Try disabled 2) first and then test.  if no change disabled 1)......here we are just trying to narrow down where issue is.....note: make sure to re-enable these after testing.

please post back here results.

happy selling

Try 2 steps. Not help

• 10 months later...

I have same issues with prestashop 1.7.4.2. In my case status changing time delay become normal from 504 timeout if email disabled completely. Interesting that 504 error only appears if I try to change status to "Payment accepted" even "Remote Payment Accepted" is OK. As a result of "Payment accepted" CMS should send a email to a client with PDF attachment.

All other statuses seems work slowly but work. All other emails including test one are ok but a bit slow.

What is causing problem and where to look first?

P.S. 3rd party modules are disabled and I don't use Mailchimp or similar. And no considerable difference between what to use phpmail() or external smtp.

Edited by 884483048 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/8/2017 at 2:33 PM, bellini13 said:

I suspect this is related to sending over emails, but it could be so many other things, like another module trying to do something when you update order status.

The first thing I would try is to disable sending of emails (back office > advanced parameters > email) and then try again

The second thing I would try is to disable non-ps modules (back office > advanced parameters > performance) and then try again

The sending of emails was exactly why i got the 504 error. Thank you so very much.