Multishop redirection relation on IP client

Hello guys,

Looking for a module that has following functions:

- Redirecting the client based on country (IP address).

- The customer has possibility to change the store (If the country is not defined correctly.) and the system will remember the choice for the session time.

- System will automatic redirect the client only in case of the first entry to website. 

I have multi store: en.shop.com and asia.shop.com. I want to redirect all client from europe countries  to en.shop.com and  all client from another countries to asia.shop.com. But I need button "Go to Europe/Asia shop" and user redirecting to another shop. When user changes shop, system will remember it and will not automatic redirect  again.

How can I do this?

Prestashop 1.16.15. 

Override the front controller or write an own module. However it would probably not be a very easy approach. Assuming the number of ip addresses for european customers are less in terms of numbers it would still be a massiv number of addresses or address ranges. And they are not static, so  could might face the problem that you are not able to maintain the list on your own.

Solution: use some kind of geologation services.

Downside: if the geolocation services is down your override would wait for an for 30 seconds, which is the default timeout.

Simpler way:

Use .htaccess to redirect users according to their remote host name. This way you could add all europen country top level domains which are limited. This way you could probably redirect some 50 to 60% to the correct shop location.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

There are many threads like this on this forum: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/262723-geolocation-multi-shop-redirect/

I've also found this module but never used it: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/international-localization/7363-auto-change-language-and-currency-geolocation.html

From their description:

You can set a redirection to a particular Store for a specific country(ies)/zone(s). This feature is available in PrestaShop 1.5 onwards.