How prestashop rewrite the url into friendly url ?

crixus5678

Hi all, does anyone know how prestashop rewrite the url into friendly url ? My issue with friendly url is that once it is activated, all the images are showing a ?. I inspect the element and found that

I added a jpg into the specific folder as defined after friendly url and image start showing again. May I know how do prestashop rewrite the url and is there anyway to change it ? I can't possibly rename all images and place into the specific folders (which of course solve the problem but very time-consuming)

Edited by crixus5678 (see edit history)

Hi all,

1. You have to check with your web hosting provider if provide mod_rewrite in your web hosting package.

2. If provided, please go to your web hosting control panel & check in your public_html folder (usually it has became a hidden file) so go to setting 1st & show your hidden file also.

3. Then, please rename your hidden file ".htaccess" to "htaccess.txt" after that should solve your friendly URL issue & your lost image also restored after that.

It has happen to me & my site, it is really time-consuming for a beginner like me to solve this issue like a day or two but I hope it will help you ya.

Thanks a lot.

Go PrestaShop Go!