[PS 1.7] Add custom status order to Order

NicolasIT

Hey there,

Prestashop > 1.7

I've created a custom shipping that needed a custom status order;

This shipping will be sent to che customer after we call him so in the order page we need this status order to be shown for example after to "waiting for bankwire payment" or "payed". Becouse this phone call it's something we have to do before shipping and it should appear automatically in order lsit if the customer choose this shipping method:

Example of this shipping method: we call the customer when he wants his products 2 weeks later or when he'd like to receive it.

thanks for your help or ideas;

NicholasIT

edit: long story short; maybe they should split about payment order status and shipping order status. or i don't get their idea?

Edited by NicolasIT (see edit history)

Clarify at what point do you want this new custom order status to be added?  Do you want to add it manually to the order, or do you want it to be added automatically?

If automatically, then describe exactly when it should be added (after what action or event has occurred?)

If you choose "bankwire payment" i see on Backoffice order page the status "waiting for backwire payment" automatically.

Otherwise If you choose my custom payment i'd like to see it added on order page my custom status "waiting for custom payment" [i already made the custom payment and the status order but can't add it automatically] i opened a new improvement ticket on forge about extending this function to add more than one status [i see on DB you can just add one status per order, to keep it normalized]

any ideas?

thanks and cheers

NicholasIT

If you choose "bankwire payment" i see on Backoffice order page the status "waiting for backwire payment" automatically.

Is that what you want to see?

Otherwise If you choose my custom payment i'd like to see it added on order page my custom status "waiting for custom payment" [i already made the custom payment and the status order but can't add it automatically]

then you need to edit your custom payment module so that when validateOrder is executed in your module, that you should use the correct order status.  I believe the order status is the second parameter

i opened a new improvement ticket on forge about extending this function to add more than one status [i see on DB you can just add one status per order, to keep it normalized]

An order can have many different order states, but only one can be current

Is that what you want to see?

This what already happens and i'd like to happen with my custom shipping

then you need to edit your custom payment module so that when validateOrder is executed in your module, that you should use the correct order status.  I believe the order status is the second parameter

It's a custom shipping there's no module i just created the courier and i'd like to see its order status on Order resume page

An order can have many different order states, but only one can be current

the point is that i'm trying to show more than one order status in some kind of orders when they'r placed, which one is current doesn't matter.

resume: if there's a custom shipping i'd like to show two order status [waiting for payment (<---this is an example) AND watch out custom shipping] which one is the current i don't care (:

Thanks for your attention,

NicholasIT

edit: i've been hiding a previous reply by me becouse i wrote something confusing