[Solved!][1.7.1] Version upgrade

Xandrea

Hi, got this problem for a month now, my shop version is currently 1.7.1. I want to upgrade it to the latest version but whenever we do, our template gets messed up. We tried to do a fresh install for 1.7.2 and applied the template via quick start but it rolls back to 1.7.1. We really don't know what to do. We contacted the template developer many times and just reply us barely and not cooperative at all. We even beg on him to fix the issue or help us upgrade the shop but nothing. Please help. 

Edited by Xandrea (see edit history)

theme files change with each release, enhancements are being added, and bugs are being fixed.  its quite possible it will work, and its quite possible that it won't.  its all up to how the theme was authored, and if the theme receives updates after each new release of Prestashop

Template developer helped us when I tried to request a refund and sent an appeal. We negotiate about things and settle it. We doubt it is also the 1 click upgrade disable non-native modules option was turned on upon upgrading. Thank you so much for the replies, I will mark this as solved now.