1-click updates takes very long to backup the database

i would highly suggest not relying on the upgrade module to backup your database.  since you appear to know how to take your own backups, simply rely on that and skip the backup parts.  also make sure you take a file system backup, with a database and file system backup, you have the ability to restore from your own backups

• Like 1

Thank you. I followed your advice. I have been doing my backup, but also the upgrade module backup, just to be sure, but from now on, I will do only my own backup. I cannot afford to have the shop offline for hour(s) and I don't want to delete the statistics data.

On the other hand, I don't understand why Prestashop is not doing faster backup using mysqldump.

Unfortunately not everyone's hosting is great, and some don't even offer access to mysqldump.  The autoupgrade module has to be generic enough that it works for most, and also has to consider resource usage (like memory and CPU), as well as php configuration like process timeouts

On the other hand, I don't understand why Prestashop is not doing faster backup using mysqldump.

I'm curious about which Prestashop version you are talking. PS 1.7. is problematic/buggy and also on speedy servers the upgrade takes a while... If you are talking about version 1.5. or 1.6 than it should go speed unless your server is well configured.