DataKick

[Module] DataKick - Data Import and Export, Mass Updates, Custom fields, Inline editing

DATAKICK

the missing data platform

take your prestashop to the next level

main-screenshot.png

Easily import data to your store

DataKick has powerful XML import functionality that will help you get your store up and running in no time.

You can import almost any data, including products, categories, combinations or images. You can even modify data during the import - for example to automatically adjust product price by your profit margin.

Is your input file huge? Don't worry, we can process it, even on hosting with limited memory. And our import can run for hours without experiencing timeout! It just works. 

Also, with our scheduled imports you can easily keep your store in sync with your supplier's data. Automatically. Magically. 

Send your catalog to Google Merchant Center or Facebook ads

DataKick let you integrate with any third party service there is. Increase your sales by publishing your products to Google Merchant Center, Facebook Ads or PriceRunner

We have already prepared feeds for many services that you can choose from. Don't worry if your service isn't among them. It's really easy to create a new integration. Or just give us a call, and we will gladly prepare the feed for you. For free

Synchronize your shop with ERP systems

Do you need to export your orders, customers or stock information to external ERP or accounting software? DataKick will take care of this.

You can synchronize your data in real-time or in batch mode, export only incremental changes, and more...

Don't waste time editing your products one-by-one. Use mass update

Great news, you can stop doing that boring and time consuming task of updating your products one by one.

You can now easily change pricing, quantity or default category of many products at once, with single click of the mouse. Or you can create list of products that needs to be edited, and then simply directly update its values inside this list. You don't really need to open, edit and save each one of them.

Of course, this functionality works for every record type - products are just the most common use case

Discover and use data you didn't even know you own

Your prestashop is silently collecting various data. How about you use these informations to drive new sales, or to better understand customers behavior?

You can, for example, recover abandoned carts information and offer your customers a discount as an incentive to finish the sale

Or you can find all customers that have ordered product from specific category and prepare tailor-made email campaign for them

Track more information about your customers or products

PrestaShop is an amazing e-commerce platform. But you can very easily get into situation when it’s just not enough for your business. One of the most common problem is its hard-coded schema. It’s very difficult to track additional informations on records like products or customers. Fortunately, DataKick solves this problem

- you can create new product field to track Amazon SKU number
- or create a field in category record to associate them with google taxonomy
- how about tracking twitter handle for your customers? Could be useful

Stop worrying about your shop maintenance

DataKick can help you with common and repetitive tasks. You can set it up to
- perform periodic database backup
- ensure that your currency exchange rates are always up to date
- regularly refresh your search index

And there will be more

We are always working hard on improving DataKick module. Our backlog is full of very exciting features, including XML import functionality. And the best part is that if you buy the module now you can upgrade to the new versions for free!

TAKE A TEST-DRIVE

We offer a fully functional 14-day free trial so you can test the software.

Take it for a spin and make sure it's a great fit!

Start your free trial now

We also have demo account where you can try the product without installing it to your own server.

SCREENSHOTS

xml-editor.png

collection-selectors.jpg

inline-editing.png

custom-fields.png

list-view.png

Edited by DataKick (see edit history)

Hello,

I'm trying the module. I've installed export to Google Merchant Center, and I have two questions.

1. Some products are not exported. Why?
  2. google_product_category is empty for all products. How can I set google categories?

Hello Lina,

Some products are not exported. Why?

The default template for GMC really exports only those products (and combinations) that are purchasable - products that are enabled, available for order, and have sufficient quantity on stock. So if some of your product isn't listed in XML, please check that the product fulfils these conditions.

These condition are applied because google might penalise you otherwise. If you wish, you can easily edit the template and remove the condition:

1) select <entry> node
2) switch to Details tab in left tab
3) remove condition

gmc-remove-condition.png

google_product_category is empty for all products. How can I set google categories?

This is actually very easy. When you installed the GMC template, a new custom field on Categories was created as well. This new custom field is named 'Google: Category', and is intended for google taxonomy. 

If you go and edit any category in your system, you will find this new field in the bottom of the form, see screenshot.

If you don't want to edit all your categories one by one, you can use Mass update functionality, and associate all your categories with some google category at once. Then you can use inline editing functionality to quickly edit and adjust the association

categories-google-category-custom-field.

google-category-inline-editing.png

I'm interested in your module. Is it compatible with Prestashop 1.7? Can I use it to add category to multiple products?

I'm interested in your module. Is it compatible with Prestashop 1.7? Can I use it to add category to multiple products?

Yes to both questions.

There is one notable feature that's not present in 1.7 version - if you create custom fields on products, these custom fields are not visible in product edit page. The only way to edit product custom field values is via datakick inline editing or mass update functionality. Custom fields on other record types (categories, customers,...) works fine and can be edited from standard form as well.

Hi.

We bought license versione last year for this module because we needed Google shopping xml generation.

Based on our request you made a wonderful job with customization of our module.

We have create a GOOGLE XML FEED from a specific CATEGORY (ID 586).

We also need to insert only the fifth (5) image of each product (an image without watermark).

Now i've installed the new version, i miss that image link customization.

Can help us again?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Edited by Michele Cesaretti (see edit history)

Hi.

We bought license versione last year for this module because we needed Google shopping xml generation.

Based on our request you made a wonderful job with customization of our module.

We have create a GOOGLE XML FEED from a specific CATEGORY (ID 586).

We also need to insert only the fifth (5) image of each product (an image without watermark).

Now i've installed the new version, i miss that image link customization.

Can help us again?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation with limited access to internet. I've send you a PM.

XML Imports

I’m very excited to announce release of a new version of DataKick module. And it’s not just an ordinary release - this one includes the most requested feature so far - data import.

I’ve put a lot of effort into this release, to make sure this functionality will cover needs of most users. I also tried to keep it as simple as possible, but still flexible and versatile. Believe me, it was a hard task. But I’m sure you will love the result.

Here’s the short overview of the import feature

Datasources

you can import data from various sources - upload XML file, file stored on your server, or even from remote server

Datasource

Supported records

At the moment you can import data only into 12 record types (including products and categories). But don’t worry - all record types will be supported soon, in case you will need to import customers or orders.

Datasource

Import mode

you can choose how to import your data. DataKick supports adding new records, updating records already in your database, or even replace all existing records. And yes, you can specify how to match xml data with data in your database.

Datasource

Modify data on the fly

you can easily transform the data during the import. This is extremely powerful functionality. You can use it to fix input data, or to apply your own transformations. For example, you can automatically adjust product price by your profit margin

Datasource

Long running imports

datakick can import very large files. Because of the [spam-filter] technology it can even import files that don’t fit into server’s memory. Import itself can run for a very long time - even hours.

Datasource

And much more…

Let’s give it a try. Download this new version or try it out on our test account

On 30/8/2017 at 9:11 AM, DataKick dice:

if you create custom fields on products, these custom fields are not visible in product edit page. The only way to edit product custom field values is via datakick inline editing or mass update functionality. Custom fields on other record types (categories, customers,...) works fine and can be edited from standard form as well.

so products custom fields will be lost in case of module uninstallation?

1 hour ago, godlo said:

so products custom fields will be lost in case of module uninstallation?

Yes, custom fields are stored in db tables that are created by module. These are removed together with the module.

Hi

How do I generate GMC xml for specific category or certain no of categories. Is there a way to add specific category to already provided GMC xml template.

So that only products from certain category is passed on to GMC. 

You can edit standard template for GMC, and add any conditions you want. Simply select <entry> node === node that repeats for every product in your store,

click on Details tab in left menu, and add new condition. In this case it will be

inCategory(product.id, <categoryId>)

You can either hard-coded category to the template, or you can create template parameter and use it instead of this hard-coded value. When you will generate xml file from this template, you will need to provide value for this parameter - that means that you can generate different xml (containing data from different categories) using this method.

If you need more help, just let me know.

in-category.png.5dfea24d890e011743625de3de2c78e1.png

Hi

Sorry to bother you, but in Add Condition there is all pre-defined conditions available but could not find to create custom condition to enter the explained value.

In other way you said create template parameter to use it for different category xml, can you please explain how to do that.

And how to create xml for selected few categories.

Thanks for your help

Sure thing.

#1) you are right, it's a little bit hidden. When you choose any predefined condition, you can actually click on the condition itself, and edit it in any way possible.

#2) to define parameter, click to menu in upper right corner, and choose 'edit parameters'. Then say what data type parameter should be (string, number, date,...), and assign it unique alias -- you will use this alias to reference to this parameter in your template. 

Please have a look at this youtube video, it shows answers to both your questions. 

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Petr

Hi Petr

Thank you for your wonderful support and video. It did helped me a lot. But did not work with GMC xml- combination. Though working perfectly with GMC- Product but did not work well with combination xml. While generating the xml from particular category, it pulls up products from other categories also.

Secondly came across few more hurdles not surely the module flaw but my inability to handle.

1) since our products are handmade does not require ean13 or upc code, how to add  identifier exists to no. i.e <g:identifier_exists>no</g:identifier_exists>

2) other variable:  As required by google for UK

a)  Free shipping <g:shipping><g:country>...</g:country><g:region>...</g:region><g:service>Express or standard</g:service><g:price>....</g:price></g:shipping>, 

B) size         <g:size> ....</g:size>  

c) gender   <g:gender>......</g:gender>

d) material <g:material>.........</g:material>, 

e) color       <g:color> ......</g:color>, 

f) age group <g:age_group>.......</g:age_group>,

3) Getting selected products from a particular category.

Can you help me in adding the above variables to the pre-defined GMC template.

Sorry troubling you in the holiday season.

Looking forward to your solution.

10 minutes ago, sinbinrin said:

Hi Petr

Thank you for your wonderful support and video. It did helped me a lot. But did not work with GMC xml- combination. Though working perfectly with GMC- Product but did not work well with combination xml. While generating the xml from particular category, it pulls up products from other categories also.

Secondly came across few more hurdles not surely the module flaw but my inability to handle.

1) since our products are handmade does not require ean13 or upc code, how to add  identifier exists to no. i.e <g:identifier_exists>no</g:identifier_exists>

2) other variable:  As required by google for UK

a)  Free shipping <g:shipping><g:country>...</g:country><g:region>...</g:region><g:service>Express or standard</g:service><g:price>....</g:price></g:shipping>, 

B) size         <g:size> ....</g:size>  

c) gender   <g:gender>......</g:gender>

d) material <g:material>.........</g:material>, 

e) color       <g:color> ......</g:color>, 

f) age group <g:age_group>.......</g:age_group>,

3) Getting selected products from a particular category.

Can you help me in adding the above variables to the pre-defined GMC template.

Sorry troubling you in the holiday season.

Looking forward to your solution.

Hello again,

when you look at template for GMC Combinations you will see that there are actually two sections named <entry>. The first section pulls data from products (only those products that don't not have combniations), the second section pull data from combinations. Together, these two sections exports your entire catalog. If you want to add conditions, you need to add it twice - in the first section you can use the same condition as shown in video, in the second section the condition will be slightly different: inCategory(combination.productId, <categoryId>). That should fix the first problem.

Now regarding your other questions - it's really quite easy to edit template and add new nodes.

1) click on parent node, in your case <entry> 

2) in left menu, in Content tab, click on New node

3) enter tag name, for example <g:identifier_exists>

4) save

5) click on newly created node <g:identifier_exists>

6) in Content tab, set Has child nodes == false

7) if you want this node to contain static text that is the same for every product, than unset Evaluate as formula checkbox, and enter your text into Text. If you want content of this node to be dynamic -- to depend on data that comes from your product, than keep Evaluate as formula checked, and enter valid expression. For example if(isEmpty(product.ean13), 'no', 'yes'- ths expression will print either yes or no, depending on value of product EAN code.

Have a look at this video that demonstrates how to add <g:identifier_exists>

You can repeat this process for every variables you need in your xml file.

If you don't have the data stored anywhere yet, you can use custom fields feature and extend information about your products / combinations with custom fields. Have a look at this video that demonstrates how to use custom fields. If you have ps 1.6, these custom fields will be also visible and editable when you edit you products.

I hope this helps.

If you wish, I could prepare a template for you. I would need access to your back office. I could do it on January 3rd or later, as I'll be on vacation the next few days.

• Thanks 1

Hi 

Again I am back for your help. Was out of office on field work for some time.

1) How to support multilingual GMC xml.  for multilingual website. 

As required by google for multiple countries. Below is the link for reference.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7448571?hl=en&ref_topic=7438667

a) Same language, different currency

B) Different language and currency 

2) Though with your help and video tutorial managed to do most of the work

getting Attribute value for color and shipping cost by country and delivery method is a blocking point.

And thank you for all your prompt support.

Hi Petr

Can you help, Language is working fine, but cannot change currency. 

As you suggested earlier can you create a template for me.

On 27/01/2018 at 9:34 AM, sinbinrin said:

Hi Petr

Can you help, Language is working fine, but cannot change currency. 

As you suggested earlier can you create a template for me.

Hi,

unfortunately there's no currency convert function that you can use. I'll add this function to the next version of the module. Meanwhile, you can edit template, create new numeric parameter for exchange rante, and use it to as a price multiplier. When you generate xml file you will need to enter current exchange rate. 

It's really a workaround, the function described above will do this automatically, and will use current exchange rate from your system. 

PM me or send me an email if you need help with this.

I've managed to solve the automatic conversion to other currency. If anyone is interested, here's the tutorial that shows how to edit your standard template:

currency.thumb.jpg.55be47a124fb27989311976c0463df7b.jpg

1) click on root node, in this case feed

2) switch to Details tab, and set data = Currencies

3) add condition: currency.id == runtime.currency

4) edit <g:price> node, and change expression to round(currency.conversionRate * productPrice(product.id, 0, runtime.priceWithTax), 2) + ' ' + currency.code

And that's all. Now, when you generate xml using this template you will need to provide currency.

Make sure you have exchange rates up to date - DataKick contains automated task to keep it in sync, so schedule it to run daily/hourly. 

Hello, the modules looks great! Is the functionality (eg scheduled tasks), taken care by external service eg your server? or all tasks run by the server the prestashop store is installed? 
Another thing, is it possible to update the status of orders in bulk?

Thanks,

• Like 1

@HaCos Scheduled tasks run on your server. For scheduled tasks to work you need to set-up a cron on your server - this needs to be done only once, though. The more frequent this cron task executes the better. It can run even every minute because its performance impact is next to nothing - if there is no scheduled task to run, cron task will terminate immediately. 

Regarding bulk updates - yes, this is supported. You can change order status one-by-one using inline editing. Or you can change multiple orders at once using mass update. Or you can even use import in update mode and change order status this way.

Let me know if you need any help with setting up trial version of module. If you want to try data-modification features I suggest you test it on dev server first :) This module is very powerfull, and you can easily shoot yourself in the food. If you don't have one, you can always test it on my demo account. 

On 03/03/2018 at 9:54 AM, joe ramires said:

How can we get an additional_image_link tag working on google product feed ?

It's actually very easy:

1. Edit template for google merchant center
  2. select <entry> node
  3. add new node named <g:additional_image_link>
  • data = images
  • content = productImage(image.id, product.friendlyUrl)

And that's it. Optinally, you can add condition to remove primary image. I've shoot a short video to show you exactly how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMPeI1h2bk

I've just released new minor version of the module - 2.1.2. This one fixes couple of bugs, and extends schema. For example, you can now import customers.

Removing the word "color" and "size" from the product title in GMC combination xml but not the value. As google recommends total title characters to be 70. 

1 minute ago, sinbinrin said:

Removing the word "color" and "size" from the product title in GMC combination xml but not the value. As google recommends total title characters to be 70. 

Sorry, I don't understand. Could you please rephrase the question?

Removing attribute word color and size from product title in xml but not the value. 

example 

Error: long title -  Perfecha Vintage Leather Satchel bags: Color - Brown, Size - 15 x 11 x 4 inches - More the 70 characters

If word color and size can be removed will look like as below:

Perfecha Vintage Leather Satchel bags: Brown, 15 x 11 x 4 inches

5 minutes ago, sinbinrin said:

Removing attribute word color and size from product title in xml but not the value. 

example 

Error: long title -  Perfecha Vintage Leather Satchel bags: Color - Brown, Size - 15 x 11 x 4 inches - More the 70 characters

If word color and size can be removed will look like as below:

Perfecha Vintage Leather Satchel bags: Brown, 15 x 11 x 4 inches

Edit template and change expression for node <g:tittle> from

(combination.productName + ': ' + combination.name)

to

(combination.productName + ': ' + replace(replace(combination.name, 'Color -', ''), 'Size - ', ''))

That should do the trick

#3355: failed to import product: Field 'default category': failed to process value from xml path './urun_ana_kategori_kod': empty value is not allowed

I am getting this error. urun_ana_kategori_kod is not empty. I have tried a lot of diffirent settings , but cant import successly. Can u help 

And i have a question; If a category not avaible on my pretesta but has in the xml , what will happen? your module will add the category ?

Edited by Kamil Kayahan (see edit history)

On 3/5/2018 at 9:08 AM, DataKick said:

It's actually very easy:

1. Edit template for google merchant center
  2. select <entry> node
  3. add new node named <g:additional_image_link>
  • data = images
  • content = productImage(image.id, product.friendlyUrl)

And that's it. Optinally, you can add condition to remove primary image. I've shoot a short video to show you exactly how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMPeI1h2bk

That worked like a charm.
How is the syntax for combinations?

On 6/5/2018 at 2:14 AM, originmad said:

Hi,

I try to get price reduction of product but i couldnt.

I read the doc about product price https://www.getdatakick.com/function/product-price/ but i couldnt figure it out. I just want to generate xml with base price and want to show percentage of discount ( from specific price).

Is it possible? Or what am i missing?

I am also interested in that. Did you find a solution ?