Changing "Invoice Address" to "Billing Address" in checkout

tubaman111

I’m using version 1.6.1.10.  During checkout, after the customer signs in with an address, in the Shopping-Cart Summary section (part 1 of 5) there is a box that appears below the cart with following heading:

Invoice Address (and in parentheses, whatever name customer creates for this address)

How can I change “Invoice Address” to read “Billing Address” instead?

(I thought I changed all occurrences of Invoice Address to Billing Address in about 10 different tpl files, but I must have missed something.)

Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Search for billing or invoice. I have this code - as example:

<label for="id_address_delivery">{if $cart->isVirtualCart()}{l s='Choose a billing address:'}{else}{l s='Choose a delivery address:'}{/if}</label>

or this here

<label for="id_address_invoice" class="strong">{l s='Choose a billing address:'}</label>

Yeah, I saw the lines you're referring to in that file, but they say "Choose a billing address."  I'm interested in changing the header with JUST the phrase "Invoice address" (without the phrase "Choose a") I want to change it to "Billing address".

There are many places that the phrase "Invoice address" occurs in the numerous Prestashop files.  Please see my original post for the specific location and occurrence to which I'm referring.  So far, I was able to change "Invoice address" to "Billing address" in the following files, but none of those changes gave me the result that I wanted:

authentication.tpl

order-address-advanced.tpl

order-detail.tpl

order-opc-advanced.tpl

order-opc-new-account-advanced.tpl

order-opc-new-account.tpl

order-opc.tpl

What am I missing? Anybody have any other ideas?

order-address-multishipping.tpl:{capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your billing address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}
order-address-multishipping.tpl:{capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your delivery address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}
order-address.tpl:{capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your billing address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}
order-address.tpl:{capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your delivery address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}
order-opc-advanced.tpl:        {capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your billing address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}
order-opc-advanced.tpl:        {capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your delivery address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}
order-opc.tpl:{capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your billing address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}
order-opc.tpl:{capture}<h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your delivery address' js=1}</h3>{/capture}

Well I finally figured out the file I needed to change to solve my problem.  It's funny that I discovered the phrase "Invoice address" in just about every file except the one that mattered!

The problem was in the shopping-cart.tpl file.  In the following code (and in one other line of code) I changed the word "Invoice" to "Billing."

<li><h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Invoice address'} <span class="address_alias">({$invoice->alias})</span></h3></li>

So problem solved!

Thank you, Scully for your time, energy, and many stabs at a solution.  That was very kind of you.

- Blair

Edited by tubaman111 (see edit history)
  • Like 1