Other product in cart

prestaisrael

Other product in cart.
When customers add a product to the shopping cart when they move to the shopping basket, they appear to have other products that appear to be from another customer, and sometimes the name of the customer with whom the cart is replaced appears.
I'll be happy to solve it urgently, customers are at a loss

Sorry for the English sad.gif

This problem is most likely known as a problem when the referential integrity of your database is broken. This can happen when doing a server move or manually manipulating tables or deleting test orders. It might not be quite easy to fix. We have done this several times for different customers but the tables which trigger the error with wrong products can be different.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

Server problem is a very general term. I understand it as a server setting from outside of prestashop like PHP settings, database configurations et cetera. And with this understanding I would say is very likely NOT a server problem. We run PS 1.6.1.15 on many installations and have never faced such a problem with the exception of the causes mentionned in my first post.

But if you want to rule out a server problem. Check your webservers error log. If it show errors related to carts or order processing this would be the next step to evaluate.

Ok, if you don't have errors logged in your logfile this lets me think there is no server configuration mismatch. I come back to my initial post and still heavily assume some kind of referential problems in your database. And id cart is way not enough to check. Think it over: what did you change in your system before you first saw the issue of wrong products. It doesn't get wrong if there weren't impacts to cause it.

However it would probably get endless to solve your issue in the forum since you might not be able to upload your complete database here.

Thanks for the help :)

I can not remember what caused the problem.

What solution, where and what should I check more?

What I say is that I have reinstalled a clean installation of Presto Shop, which means that the DataBase is also new, and that there were no orders or carts deleted, and there, too, there is the problem (on the same server)

Edited by prestaisrael (see edit history)

The solution is to check the  integrity of the whole database. In very short it means to check table keys against all tables related to those keys. But even with a small shop it wouldn't be doable by hand because of the amout of data. As per experience I can also say that these checks usually result in several key mismatches, not only one.

You can send me a PM if you want me to solve the issue within reasonable time. We needed a backoffice account as well as a direct access to the database to fix the problem. SSH would be good if available because it saves some time.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

Ok, very good. Thanks for this update.

Sounds like you have a quite non - typical setup for your installation. We always make sure no server-side caching takes place at cart and order processing steps. Having turned it off for these steps it does not compromise the servers data integrity even if there would exist a faulty chaching mechanism.

Good luck !!