Exporting shop data from 1.5 and importing into 1.7

Hello, has anybody experience of migrating the shop data from a 1.5 site to one using 1.7?

The reason I ask is my client continue to use their Prestashop1.5 site while I develop a new one using Prestashop1.7. There will be a lag of about 2 months between me copying their old 1.5 database and the new 1.7 site is ready. That means 2 months of transaction will be missing when I am ready with the 1.7 site.

Are the database tables compatible to an export from 1.5 and import into 1.7 so their data will be up to date when we cut them over to the 1.7 site.

What is the procedure for doing this as I can't find any advise or documentation on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

JR

Develop before all needs. If not possible than clone the shop, develop and after ready do the same again and move theme and what you developed to the actual upgraded shop.

Clone the shop and use the 1-click upgrade module for to upgrade the clone from 1.5. to 1.7. Use the 1-click module version 3.0 you can download on Prestashop addons for free:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/5496-.html

Before you upgrade deinstall all non-native modules and also third party theme, if in use.

Good luck !

Hello, has anybody experience of migrating the shop data from a 1.5 site to one using 1.7?

The reason I ask is my client continue to use their Prestashop1.5 site while I develop a new one using Prestashop1.7. There will be a lag of about 2 months between me copying their old 1.5 database and the new 1.7 site is ready. That means 2 months of transaction will be missing when I am ready with the 1.7 site.

Are the database tables compatible to an export from 1.5 and import into 1.7 so their data will be up to date when we cut them over to the 1.7 site.

What is the procedure for doing this as I can't find any advise or documentation on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

JR

You should look at how to 'sync' orders from old to new rather than port entire db.  Two months is a long lag time so then you run now into issue of out of sync stock.  my advice is to do trial build of shop...then export theme.....copy old shop again, upgrade and port the theme and sort out the bits.  So I'm basically advising other strategies that work for us when we do client upgrades.  Good luck, el

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm also hamstrung by the clients crappy hosting service that gives me only one additional database and just ftp access, no File Manager. So I've backed up the site onto my server and doing the upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 locally.

With this limited service and access, I can't even really clone the site on their server. Bit of a nightmare really. I'm going to insist they change hosting companies as it's like trying to do a major upgrade with one hand tied behind my back.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm also hamstrung by the clients crappy hosting service that gives me only one additional database and just ftp access, no File Manager. So I've backed up the site onto my server and doing the upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 locally.

With this limited service and access, I can't even really clone the site on their server. Bit of a nightmare really. I'm going to insist they change hosting companies as it's like trying to do a major upgrade with one hand tied behind my back.

when we do client upgrades, espeically when dated we also have them obtain new hosting space, even if on same hosting.  Then we move completed  project to that space.  It's important to remember to do this bit, then you will have access hopefully to php 7,  updated server/mqsql environment for their project.   It's an important additional step in upgrading client shops. :)