Applying a new theme to an existing site

sheepstations

Hi, I'm a complete newbie to Prestashop so please be gentle with me.

I have just purchased a new theme Travel Shop from the Prestashop Addons Marketplace. I loaded this on a default site as an experiment and it wiped over the old content and replaced it with the entire Travel Shop content.

That's no problem except I have a 1.7 site that is using the default theme but is populated with 'live' categories, product and customers.

My fear is if I apply the Travel Shop theme to my live site, it will wipe out all my existing categories, product and customers and replace it with the TS theme content.

I have tried to find some help in the forum and official documents but came up blank.

Can any body tell me what the procedure here is to apply a new theme but retain my content?

Thanks in advance.

JR

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not all themes wipe out your existing catalogue, but some do include sample data so that you can get the theme to look exactly like it does on the demo store.

You really need to discuss this with the theme author, especially if this is a paid theme.  Chances that someone on the forums also use the exact same theme as you are low...

• Like 1