Issue with Install of 1.7.2.1

After moving the files to our server and trying to run the installation (unzipping of prestashop.zip) by visiting the directory in a web browser, the page seems to be caught in an endless loop. I let the page run for about 30min and it just keeps looping through the install graphic.

I then tried unzipping the file on my computer in the hopes to just upload the unzipped files, but after about 11% through the unzipping of the folder I encounter a "Confirm File Replace" dialog, it states:

The follwing file aleray exsists:

index.php

Would you like to relace the existing file

641,728 bytes

modified on 1/24/2017 3:50pm

with this one?

1,082 bytes

modified on 8/14/2017 5:31pm

I assume my web server is encountering the same issue and doesn't know what to do, which causes the infinite loop of the install graphic.

Not sure what to do at this point...is there away to fix this or do we have to wait for a patch?

Thanks,

Sam

Okay, So I actually did some further digging and the bigger of the two files looks like the index.php page that does the unzipping. I checked a 1.6 version I had tested in the past and the index.php page in that version (which is working) is the smaller of the two, which looks to just be a licensing page with two lines of executable code:

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');
Dispatcher::getInstance()->dispatch();

I'm going to just upload the unzipped files and see if that works.