From server to localhost with 1.7.2

Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time trying to backup and work locally on my prestashop's website. It's working fine on host server, and I made a clean installation of prestashop locally which works fine aswell.

Sadly I couldn't manage to backup my website onto the local install. Just starting with the database, when I do an import from the host DB through phpmyadmin to the local DB it creates a 500Error on the local website and the admin panel isn't working either.

I did lots of reasearch (like https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/259761-move-from-server-to-localhost/ ) but some things are deprecated (like settings.inc.php file) in the 1.7 version.

I could find nothing directly related with the 1.7.x version to achieve this. A step by step guide would be perfect. Also I wish to know what folder should I download (I hear everything, sometime only the public_html, sometime only what's in www, sometime everything...)  and what may I replace or not on the local copy.

I'm on Windows 10 using Xampp, PHP 7.1.7 and Prestashop 1.7.2, downloaded host files with FileZilla.

Thanks in advance,

Samy

Edited by SamyB (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

I'm still in same problem can Any one help please.

I just export my database form online server and downloaded my site directory. i uploaded in localhost and database as well, and integrated my database with correct detail. but still its not working.