en Jump to content
ruilong

[MODULE] COD 0.2 (With extra fee setting)

This is version 0.2

Needs improvements.
Most urgent is a better order confirm page maybe where it clearly is stated that there is an extra fee added to the order?

also I can't find any attribute on the order for extra fees or anyway to set a tax to this value so I just added the fee to shipping cost and this may cause problem for those who have different tax settings for Shipping and COD fee.

Feel free to make any improvements and post it here, I will wait until 1.1 final is released before doing any more work on this module.

cashondelivery.zip

It's hard to see the extra cost since it's added to the shipping cost and there is almost no information about this on the "confirmation page"
but if you compare to the cart block total value and the total value on the order you will see that the extra cost is added on shipping.
(You must set a fee in admin also)

Good work.
But serious brilliant, be able to put 3% or 4% instead of 3 or 4.
Since normally the cost by COD usually is somewhat
percent of the price.
At the moment this is not possible, single recognizes numbers.
It would be possible to do this?

Sorry by my bad English.
A greeting.

Yes, that should be possible but need some modifications to the module, instead of just adding the fee you need to get the old shipping fee in the code and make the calculations to that amount then add it.

I built this primarily for the swedish market and then it's usually a fixed amount, but after 1.1 is released I will take some time to work more on this module if not someone else makes improvements to it before that.

Good work.
But serious brilliant, be able to put 3% or 4% instead of 3 or 4.
Since normally the cost by COD usually is somewhat
percent of the price.
At the moment this is not possible, single recognizes numbers.
It would be possible to do this?

Sorry by my bad English.
A greeting.

Should that be % of the total order cost or just shipping cost?
module for 1.1 is done and will be released as soon as I get a confirmation on the above question.

okej, then I understand. I will see if I can add this during the day and then post the module for download.. I will let you know when it's done.

Thanks,

There are how to make this module works with a specific carrier or zone? I work with COD only for local delivery, not for all cities and countries.

HI ruilong

Thank you for the module. this module is what I need. However I have a problem. I setup a site with Prestashop 1.0 final and make many customisations on it. I need this module to work with that version. But I tested the module (v0.4) on it. it did not work. As you said, it only works with 1.1 version (final- I tested and it worked with 1.1).

ruilong, Is it possible that you would make it work with 1.0 version? I need this work urgently. At the moment, I couldn't figure out how to make a extra fee with 10% on the total price of cart.

If you would make it, that will be great help!

Thank you in advance.

AngelOfHavoc

kdk    1

Hi, i'm using a modified version of Prestashop 1.0. This module (the old-version) works fine for me, but the cart will not be updadet with the extra-fee.
In the history and the invoice is everything fine, but in the displayed cart the extra-fee didnt appears.

Can i add something like $cart->update(); ?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is directly related to this module or not, but when I try to add Norwegian characters æ,ø,å to the validation.tpl, to change the description, the text will just disappear. When I remove æ, ø and å it goes back to normal again.

Any ideas?

Hi,
First, thank you for this great module! It is exactly what I needed.

I have a question though:
- my default currency in shop is EURO, but I want the invoice to be in RON (romanian currency)
- I have set currency_restrictions to be only in RON for both of my payment modules (bankwire and COD), but this works only for bankwire.

Any ideas?
Thank you,
tippi

- it is not possible to set invoice to be in other currency than default; reinject quantities is not working; You should adapt it first and test it in real shops!!!

I am trying to built an ecommerce website using Prestashop...

So far everthing goes ok

but now, i as a middleman, would like to add 4 extra fees:

First:

Since i will be representing several stores (let say like 10 diferent stores), each store has 100s of products.

If a customer buys me 3 products from 1 store, 5 from another store and so on... I need to charge the customer a pickup fee from each

store in order to collect all the products he order so i can sent them by UPS or DHL...

So... my question is... How do i setup a collecting fee for every order.

Pls notice that if a customer only buys 5 products from 1 supplier i will charge him only once. for example...

If i stablish that i charge $20.00 for collecting from each supplier, and customer buys item from 5 diferent suppliers that will be $100.00 as collecting fee.

but is he buys 5 items from 1 supplier it will only be $20.00

Second:

If a customer buys me 3 products from 1 store, 5 from another store and so on... I need to charge the customer a product invoice fee from each

store (supplier). This product invoice is requested in my country by DHL or UPS, since i will be selling worldwide, and it is done by the supplier of the product.

This invoice or ducment has a cost of $25.00...

So... my question is... How do i setup an Invoice of Product fee for every order????

Pls notice that if a customer only buys 5 products from 1 supplier i will charge him only once. for example...

The real cost of that document is $25.00 and customer buys 10 items from 5 diferent suppliers that will be $125.00 .

but is he buys 10 items from 1 supplier it will only be $25.00

Third:

Since i am not in USA, here in my country it is quite dificult to get an API key for DHL or UPS. So that means that i have to type in all the shipping rates manually.

Now, becuase of that i need to add also a INSURRANCE FEE that its normally 1% from the total price of Products (services not included)

How can i add that 1% into the INVOICE???

Fourth:

Accourding to DHL and FEDEX, i can ship what ever i want. But when its about dangerous cargo, i need a document that has fully description of it.

for example parfume... or alcohol, things like that. They will give a list of things that needs that document.

Since i wont be using the online system for UPS or DHL, i need to know how can i add a charge for it.

Pls notice that the document has a cost of $100.00 from each supplier. So this entry is tide with the product and the supplier.

Pls let me know if you have some kind of idea that can help me fix this.

Hello

I have a message after click on the payment method "No template found for module validation" and nothing happens after that.

I have PS1.4.7.3 is there a solution?

Thanks