difficult set shipping cost

Hello.

I have problem to configure the shipping cost.

I have 2 kinds of products. Normal and large one.

For normal product no problem, I set shipping cost for delivery - 4 €, so when some on put 1, 2 .. X common product to cart, the delivery will cost 4 €

Then, I have large product, which need own price for shipping pre piece 6 €.

So when the cart will look like an examples, also shipping cost should be like in examples  

1. Common product
    - glass  1pc, cup 1pc, knife 8pc
    - shipping cost 4€

2. Lagre product
    - tree 2pc
    - shipping 12 € (2x6€)

3. Common + large product
    - glass  1pc, cup 1pc, knife 8pc
    - tree 2pc
    - shipping 16 € ( 4€ common product 2x6€ large ones)

Does anyone have any ide how this can be set in presta with or without any module?

Thanks.

Edited by cerkoxxl (see edit history)

Most of shop owners don't succeed when trying to exactely match effective costs and calculated costs. In most of the cases it is good enough if the calculated costs are NEAR to real costs. If I had costs of 16 EUR and ps calculates 14 EUR it would be good enough for me. Or I would add one EUR for every shipping cost range. Going this way you make one EUR or you might loose one, depending on the product mix. But OVERALL - you are going to be even.

To achieve this use weight ranges. Even if you don't know the exact weight of every product. Make shipping ranges like this and assign them different prices:

1 - 5 kg

5 to 10 kg

10 to 20 kg

Assign the appropriate weight to your products. If this is NOT good enough, you can add separate charges within the product / delivery tab. So you could set the weight of small items to zero but add 2 EUR as additional shipping costs directly within products.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

really thanks for you fast replay. You know, I know abut shipping rahges and additional shipping cost for erach product, however I still can not get proper solution. But as you mentioned maybe the onli solution will be to set the system as close as possible. 

thanks

Edited by cerkoxxl (see edit history)

This is my opinion - get as close as possible without overstressing yourself in this matter. If you have products starting with 2 EUR and heavy ones ending to 15 EUR you will always have a certain mix of products which do not exactely match. And if you have multiple carriers you are facing the same issue again.

We have customers with goods from 200 grams up to 300 kilograms. If a customer orders the heavy one with 300 kgs and adds one of the lightweight products, the shipping costs do not even change even though the lightweight one is shipped by post and the heavy one is sent by truck.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)