Prestashop and 1&1

Hi

I wanted to create a prestashop e-commerce website on the cloud. So I went on prestashop.com, and there I see the option to download prestashop and upload website later recommended to developers (that I am not), or the hosted version recommended to non developpers, I click there and I'm been directed to 1&1. After paying the unlimited plus package, I get 2 surprises:

1. The free domain name is actually not free at all! By acquiring a free domain name, you're just giving away your property over! This is extremely disturbing that Prestashop doesn't warn clearly people about those practice before signing up and even allows them!

2. After accepting the hosting with 1&1, we loose completely contact with Prestashop! Meaning that now we're dealing with 1&1 for everything! We don't even know if it's a different company that gives different services, nothing is clear. Not the same themes available! not the same modules available, nothing the same basically! The few themes available are waaaay too basic, they ARE NOT FIT FOR MY NEEDS are not even possible to navigate on them to really check them... Basically I don t like 1&1 and I haven't chose to go to them I chose prestashop and thought I was dealing with prestashop!

I'm really pissed of. I m still waiting for answer from them. I'd like to know from your experience, what's the thing with this 1 &1, I really feel like being hostage with them, I don't like their navigation, the way they do things, "click then discover what it is about, oh shit, u already pay" is almost everywhere....How do I do now, if I want to choose my own theme, my own domain name, and still work on the cloud (as I m not a developper) without being taken hostage by any hoster? Thanks for helping!