Product variations 1.7.2

Hi, 

Setting up a new store in 1.7 and I see that a few things are different from 1.6. I have tried to read the forum and the documentations but not found an answer to a problem I´m having. 

I´m using version 1.7.2.  A lot of my products have different variations in colors, but not any other attributes. So all I want is to have product "A" available in let´s say "green" and "blue". I can´t seem to find out how in 1.7.2. 

My product have different variations but not combination. You can not have product "A" in "green" and "large". The only variations is the color, I can not seem to figure out how to create it under the combination tab in the product. 

In the info box it says; 

help

To add combinations, you first need to create proper attributes and values in Attributes & Features
When done, you may enter the wanted attributes (like "size" or "color") and their respective values ("XS", "red", "all", etc.) in the field below; or simply select them from the right column. Then click on "Generate": it will automatically create all the combinations for you!

<<or simply select them from the right column>> - I don´t have anything in my right column. 

I´m sure it´s just me missing out on something, any help would be appreciated. 

Edit: I got it working when changing the BO language to English, so I guess there is a translation issue. Tried switching back and forth a few times, and it only works if BO language is English. 

Edited by erikovs (see edit history)